Current state of fo4 mods

connor34971

Guest deleted2588518

Its not a "I hate nude mods" thread SirTwist. Some people are expressing they dislike seeing closeups of genitalia on the main page.

A bit of reading does help. But you're not wrong. Its a mature site. There are tools in place to filter what you don't want to see.

That's really the whole argument in a nutshell. Don't like it? Filter it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TotalMeltDown, thank you for calling to my attention my knee jerk reaction. The thing is, you have to agree to view the content. Not agreeing is fine, and agreeing is fine. The complaint about it is actually wrong. I will give an analogy of the situation. You are walking down the street, or driving, and you see a book store. You get closer to the store, and it says adult book store. If driving, you pull up to a pot, park your car and then walk in. If walking, then you walk in. When you see all the adult material there, you flip out and go to the cashier, and rant at them for all the mature content. After you are done, the cashier asks a question, what did you think this was, a book store that you could sit and read, and there weren't kids here? (Or something akin to that.) That is what I want to ask the OP. When you turned on the adult content, what did you want to see more of the same? Or did you not get the concept of adult content, and decided to rant about it? Who is in the wrong, you, or the site? You are, since you are taking time out of everyone's time here, and complaining about something you have control over. Don't say that we didn't warn you about it, rather we did warn you, but you chose to view it, and it's not what you thought.

It was somewhat skipped over, but I stated earlier.. I forget the exact mod, but there was a mod that was something along the lines of "attractive / hot companion X" that I thought was a simple re-work of a companion, but instead the screenshots were of said companion nude (Which IIRC the mod was the face, not the body, so it wasn't even necessary).

I bring it up, because there wasnt a hint in the name that it WAS nude / adult, and it should've been properly labeled as such if they are going to use those screenshots. Those type of things irk me more than the adult content does itself. I tend to enable the filter while at work, but sometimes I forget or don't realize it is off. I do disable the filter on occasion as some "sexy" outfits actually look alright without being over kill.

Basically, my point is, that yes, people should use the filter, but I also believe that if a mod user is going to have adult / nude content, or more importantly use screenshots that have such in a mod that doesnt even relate to it, they should really take the 5 seconds to add "NSFW" or "Adult" into the title of the mod. It's simple and helpful imo. *Shrug*.

Again, before someone reads half a line of my post and immediately says "use the filter", I do use the filter more often than not, especially at work. But I occassionally turn it off to look for specific mods, or forget to turn it on when I get on at work, etc. I am simply stating that, adding NSFW / Adult into a mod title is a really, really simple thing that I think could be useful at times. *shrug*.

Again, before someone reads half a line of my post and immediately says "use the filter"

use the filter! Ha! i kid, no we all are reading what you are writing, but you really should just leave the filter on or simply not look through mods in places where you dont want people misunderstanding what you really are doing. also you really should be doing work when at work, but i get it sometimes you just have downtime with nothing to do.

adding NSFW / Adult into a mod title is a really, really simple thing that I think could be useful at times.

it would be but that requires convincing each and every modder to respect that rule and that would be unbearably difficult to enforce by the staff. the moderators and admins are good but that would hurt their efficiency if they tried to enforce it. that is why i didnt make a comment about it earlier, it is simply because there isnt a way for the idea to be reasonably implemented and no reason the idea is necessarily bad.

Is there a filter to only remove nude images but still see and access the mods in searches, latest files, etc.? All I can find is an adult filter that removes access to both. I don't mind the mods and like to see everything uploaded, but like many others what I don't like is loading the main page and seeing a giant vagina in the hot files. TIA.

EDIT: While I know it is too much to ask for adult content creators to cease using nude images for their default or for moderators to spend so much time doing it for them, how about the Nexus adds a second adult filter that only removes the images from adult mods? This way we can avoid the nudity flooding the front page, but still see what is hitting the hot files.

on the files tab click the green box that says "view: flat"

Thanks for the info. I did that but it only effect searches, which to be honest I'm not really concerned with. Really all I'm looking for is a way to avoid seeing nudity in the hot files since those images are so large, front, and center. The latest files images are small enough and obviously if I click on an adult mod I'm expecting to see images of it on the actual mod page.

• 3 weeks later...