About the Fallout 4 GECK

Valus34

Hello awesome community!

I am very excited about the GECK I have so many ideas to share with everyone.

Hopefully if they don't make it too complicated like they did with the Skyrim Creation Kit when it came to adding certain custom models.

The question is, besides just saying "making mods," what ideas for mods are all of you going to make? :)

Thanks

Well, I'm planning on putting in my own remodelled Hellfire Power Armor into the game as a new suit to use alongside the in-game power armors. Then there's a couple of questlines involving the NCR Rangers, discovering remnants of the Raven Rock Enclave, and a questline involving the Children of Atom.

I am notoriously bad about getting really amped up for modding, even getting started on my idea / learning the tools, then getting utterly distracted playing everyone elses work and never finishing mine (Esp since I tend to want to do new quest content and dream bigger than a 1 man team allows.)... but that said...

I have been hooked on Attack on Titan of late, and I was thinking through how an AoT story arc could work in this world, using a strain of the FEV. (Warning--- mild / early Attack on Titan spoiler!) I thought in addition to fighting massive, nigh-indestructable super mutants, having the ability to become a 'changer' at some point like in AoT would be pretty damned cool.

Who knows, maybe its a terrible idea and I am just obsessing over AoT, but I genuinely think it could A) be worked into the world and make sense / fit the lore, and B) be a lot of fun. Idk, any thoughts on the idea..?

I'm a total newbie to modding, but I definitely want to start making armor and hair, and maybe some minor mods like adding a custom companion (it's for the story I have imagined for my SS, idk if I would make it to Nexus standards tho because voicing a new companion is a lot of work). I also have some ideas for AC:S inspired gear + a matching pip-boy, making Evie's hair could be cool too!

But that's not until I can buy my new PC -_-

Wait, there's nothing in-game involving them? Seriously Bethesda?

There are 3 that I know of that sort of involve them (bit lacking though)

1. Ask them for directions to Virgil during The Glowing Sea.
  2. Convince/kill one of them guarding a nuke stockpile during Liberty Reprimed.
  3. Clear them out of the Kingsport Lighthouse settlement (if that's even considered a quest at all).

Edited by Guest

Hello awesome community!

I am very excited about the GECK I have so many ideas to share with everyone.

Hopefully if they don't make it too complicated like they did with the Skyrim Creation Kit when it came to adding certain custom models.

The question is, besides just saying "making mods," what ideas for mods are all of you going to make? :smile:

Thanks

...bugfixes for the GECK. :)

I hope someone will

1. make TV channels with programs. Other people could then add additional programs. It'd be fun if you could get NCR tv (and/or New Vegas tv) if you build a satellite & connect it to the power net.

2. Fix the build menu, so modders can actually add (even) more stuff

Edited by Gordar