Vault Girl Mod Development Thread

Deleted4077875User

One other thing. Does vault girl give the thumbs up when you boot up the pip boy or is it still vault boy?

Also a shout out to Lazyradly because they've been leading the way with custom UI animations which will really help me with my mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/3319991/?

They're making a MLP UI replacer. Also they animated the heads in the stats screen.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for uploading the alpha, and for all your work on the mod. I've really been looking forward to this one so it's great to give it a whirl.

I just ran it through the opening sequence to check and I got vault boy giving the thumbs up when first booting the pip boy. Everything else looks great so far, though. I'm going to load up my higher-level character now and play with it for a while.

Yep. I can confirm Vault-Boy when you boot-up the Pip-Boy.

Also impressive to write so much text in a forum via mobilphone. :D I would've given up after the first 2 sentences.

Thanks for the List.

Edited by Firuu

Seemed to work OK, though I only had a few minutes to test. I couldn't install one of the files because it conflicted with Key nuker, the pipboy menu I think, but otherwise, it worked OK. The only thing I noticed right off was a weird shadowing behind the moving arms in the astounding tales perk animation. Didn't have a chance to look around to see how the posters and things have changed. Might have more time tonight.

when I installed the mod it tried to overwrite a few files from my other interface mods:

pipboy_invpage.swf from DEF_INV

hudmenu.swf from DEF_HUD

dialoguemenu.swf from New Dialog

I would love to use this with these mods, but i highly doubt anyone has made a compatibility patch for these yet. And if no one is planing to do so, I'd be willing to give it a shot. I'd just need to find a swf editor and a good tutorial.

other wise, I love it so far and cant wait to see the rest of what is planed.

Had something funny happening to me. Not that relevant but i thought i might just tell the story anyway.

As i already mentioned im using the Alpha 4 of Mod Organizer 2. Bodyslide and Mod Organizer 2 still don't really like each other much..

So there are 2 ways for a work-around.. one includes creating an empty meshes folder in the Data folder of your FO4 installation.

Funny me thought.. hey im just gonna create an empty texture folder too... why ever i did that.

Thing is.. it kinda broke your mod. Textures didn't load anymore.. (Vault-Tec Van and Billboard had default textures).

So there was me.. totally clueless why those textures didn't work anymore. I totally forgot about that empty folder i created.

This is probably a MO issue.. nothing to do with your mod. Although all my other texture mods still seemed to work... at least the Body texture.

Aaaaanyway.. i found myself facepalm hard to myself as i found out a freaking empty folder is the cause of this.