Voice actor mod would be cool

goldsoul

let me be more specific for the sake of not getting bash. It probably take long amounts of of time to make this mod but imagine the possibilities. I get tired of my guy's voice because it doesn't match his rough appearance. so i thought to myself with a recording studio it will be possible to replace the voice by creating our own lines. maybe even different options for voices when you create your character or add it too the surgery center. all we need is some people that would voluntary voice act, somebody that knows how to record, and somebody that knows how to mod. it's possible i played people voice-act mods like the famous someguy mods. i just hope this could inspire somebody to make this or even try.

Not quite what you're describing, but there are a couple of mods out there to change the pitch of the male or female PC (click). Would be fun to see a completely voice overed mod though, might give the PC some character (or different character).

i just want my player character to have tougher voice like he smoke a lot of cigarettes lol and also i check it out but nah voice over sounds way better

Edited by goldsoul

Not quite what you're describing, but there are a couple of mods out there to change the pitch of the male or female PC (click). Would be fun to see a completely voice overed mod though, might give the PC some character (or different character).

i just want my player character to have tougher voice like he smoke a lot of cigarettes lol and also i check it out but nah voice over sounds way better

Has anyone been able to pull the dialog trees from the game yet? I read this and thought, hrmmm, maybe I'll give it a go if its not some INSANE amount of dialog.

Has anyone been able to pull the dialog trees from the game yet? I read this and thought, hrmmm, maybe I'll give it a go if its not some INSANE amount of dialog.

There are just short of 13,000 lines of dialogue for both protagonists.

There are just short of 13,000 lines of dialogue for both protagonists.

Good Jumpin Jebus that's a LOT of Jibber Jabber. I should record a few and see how it comes off. I would need somebody capable of getting that in game and thats bound to require the CK right? I mean for Hoth I had maybe 100 lines, but I improvised most of those so it wasnt 13k...still tho, I like the challenge. Not sure if anyone would as interested in it tho. My thoughts are if you want to have a less good ol nice guy voice and more of a gruff sound. I dunno, daunting to say the least but i'm interested in pursuing it I think. At least as a test

Edited by jase180

According to an interview with Courtenay Taylor it took two years to finish the female vault dweller dialogue. It probably wouldn't take nearly so long to record new dialogue for NPCs like guards and settlers though, get a little more diversity in there for some more realism.

According to an interview with Courtenay Taylor it took two years to finish the female vault dweller dialogue. It probably wouldn't take nearly so long to record new dialogue for NPCs like guards and settlers though, get a little more diversity in there for some more realism.

Although, some of that will be recordings, re-recordings and changes in character direction... probably. Maybe. Going over and re-reading their lines in your voice probably wouldn't take that long. It's the writing that's hard?

Yeah, I did the math. 35 Lines a day would be just a tad over a year (371 days), assuming I did those every day. Holy Mackerel. I like those odds ;)