Brandnew Acer Gaming Laptop not playing F04. Help?

TheGreatEater

Basic System Data:

System Information report written at: 01/06/16 09:54:20

System Name: LAPTOP-22MHM9B0

[system Summary (C:\Users\Nemro\Documents\System Info..nfo)]

Item Value

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name LAPTOP-22MHM9B0

System Manufacturer Acer

System Model Aspire E5-573G

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Aspire E5-573G_098A_1_25

Processor Intel® Core i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.25, 7/15/2015

SMBIOS Version 2.8

Embedded Controller Version 1.07

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Acer

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10240.16392"

User Name LAPTOP-22MHM9B0\Nemro

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.92 GB

Available Physical Memory 5.18 GB

Total Virtual Memory 9.79 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.87 GB

Page File Space 1.88 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I just bought this a few days ago. It's the one that showed up on Amazon when looking for a modern gaming laptops with 8GB RAM.

Spent 2 days downloading Fallout 4 on Steam.

Try opening it, and it says it's unable to open.

Any help, or did I shoot myself in the foot?

Sorry to tell you, but thats a neat office-laptop, but no gamer hardware.

First its only a dualcore CPU (with hyperthreading, so it has 2 additional virtual cores, but they don´t count much at all). Its a low end i5 CPU.

Second, i do not read any information of a dedicated graphics chip like nvidia or amd something. So i assume its only the build in intel-gpu in the i5-processor.

Sadly, thats absoluty no gaming-device at all. Intel has very poor 3d-capabilities. And to even make it worse, the GPU has no dedicated VRAM, but uses a part of the systems memory, which is far inferior to GDDR5 VRAM, used on graphic-boards.

If you bought this device as a gaming laptop, try to give it back. You will never having fun with that system, as far as you want to play games newer than 4 or 5 years.

That's true I guess, good thing Bethesda recycled their old engine though.

Thats not recycling, thats evolution. Yes its the same basic engine like skyrim, but its a newer version, with newer features. Thats why the Skyrim dev kit won´t work with everything, and we have to wait for the creation kit. Also the textures are insanly huge in fo4.

Actually, I've looked up the specs of that thing and it's supposed to have a GT920M GPU. Which should be plenty to run FO4. Are you sure you're running it on your GeForce GPU and not on your integrated Intel GPU? And are you sure you have all the proper drivers installed?

It has an NVIDIA on it, and the GPU is a NVIDIA 940M.

Steam actually helped on this problem mostly.

What I needed to do was update my GeForce graphics card [now running 361.43]. Then I went to Validate Cache via Steam [Fallout4 >> Properties [in the Steam sidebar]]. Finally with everything off, I went into windowed and borderless mode.

So i take it, it runs? Great ^^ have fun.

It does, and so far runs and looks a lot better than console version. Right now I'm learning modding [my first time really doing mods. Especially ones that involve custom material / stuff]. I can wait to start making my own clothes, weapon decals, and other things I've been thinking would be cool in game. It'll be even more fun when it's all finished and I share it with the community.

So i take it, it runs? Great ^^ have fun.

It does, and so far runs and looks a lot better than console version. Right now I'm learning modding [my first time really doing mods. Especially ones that involve custom material / stuff]. I can wait to start making my own clothes, weapon decals, and other things I've been thinking would be cool in game. It'll be even more fun when it's all finished and I share it with the community.

So why didn't it run before?

I have a dual core i5 too, but I bought a GTX 970 card with 4Gb RAM and I can run FO4 in Ultra mode with the best ENB.

Edited by tomomi1922