SFO - what would you like to see improved?

vurt

1k and 2k options for all the textures. I only have 1GB of VRAM, so 2.3 isn't viable for me for an actual playthrough if I want to also use other mods like Open Cities and ENB...

I generally stick to 1k for all my environmental textures, and 2k for characters.

Edited by Falkrun

I'm not doing the whole 1K, 2K, 4K texture res mod for people since its easy to do this yourself nowadays, there are numerous tools on nexus for that.. i tried two of them, 3 years ago, and it was basically done by a button press and it took 10 seconds, i bet the tools has advanced since then and are even better today.

Yeah I guess i can make the tundra shrubs a bit smaller if there's clipping (hard to check all places).

Nazeen: the tundra has at least 5 different shrubs, not sure which one you mean.

Is CreationEngine capable of the effect you applied on your Morrowind mod where player move through grass and it sways, giving an effect of being pushed away? if it`s even possible.

Edited by etayorius

I guess you already addressed making higher poly meshes. The one that really bothers me is the snowberry. The berries are so... flat. But like you said making it properly rounded would be very heavy.

In terms of improving what's already in the mod, I have these notes on the textures included: When I looked at the cabbages and leeks I thought they looked a bit blurry. I also like most of the shrubs except the yellow shrub and dead shrub texture. It looks so... dead. It's weird to have everything else in Skyrim be verdant but to have all of these dead shrubs everywhere. I don't like Renthal's textures very much but I do like his idea of making the vanilla shrubs look green and alive.

I noticed your mountain flowers and some of the other flora textures are 2k, but thistle is only 1k. Thistle is a much larger mesh and the texture resolution difference really shows in game. It's still the best thistle texture of all the ones I've looked at though :smile:

The grass part of the mod is my favorite. I love those lupins. I love them so much they inspired me to plant lupins last spring (they didn't grow real well though. I think they need to be vernalized).

Additions I might suggest... I'm not super creative. If I come up with something exciting I'll be sure to let you know :tongue:

- To the grass module, there is a slight lack of heather. Grim Grass has some nice heather meshes and open permissions. He has an SFO version that works well but I don't like the placement of some of his stuff using edits to where the landscape texture is painted. Since the mod already exists and works alongside SFO I don't know if it's worth your time to build it in, but it is a thought.

- Tamriel Reloaded HD has a nice miniature aspen that it places at low density in the Fall Forest. I kind of like the idea.

- Both TRHD and Verdant have small patches of flowers they add by painting new landscape textures on the terrain. While overall I don't like those mod's take on grass, if you want to make a major update to SFO this is something that I would like to see.

- Additional textures:

- Dragon's Tongue doesn't seem to have any retextures I like. The flower itself is fine in vanilla but the leaves are a bit meh.

- I like your fieldgrass02 texture but I use parallax and as far as I know it doesn't work well with the parallax terrain fix in enb.

- I had a pet idea of having three different textures for mountain flowers such that they weren't just recolors of the same species. Right now I have purple mustard-style from hybrid's and red clover-style from you, but I don't have a good option for the blue. I like vanilla's paintbrush but it looks very low-res/low-quality next to the others.

This was one of the first mods I've downloaded and definitely my favorite. I've tried other grass mods but I always come back to this one. The botanical realism and light touch are really what draw me in. Thank you so much for continuing to improve it!

Edited by Thallassa

• 4 weeks later...