crash after first lode and intro screens

totalwar13

hi im got a proplem

ive got morrwind goty ive installed in the corect order morr-tri-blood

when i start the game up it gets past the intro screens then crashes after the first lodeing screen its like the main menu dosent work

ive uninstalled it twice and tryed installing it to a diffrent location my comp/c/morrwind

the same thing happens

can anybody help

was really looking foward to playing

im useing win 7

qu core

It seems that you have at least 2 problems here.

First, what other mods are you using?

Second are you using any helper programmes like Wyre Mash?

To be honest I'd look at disabling and/or removing those helper programmes - at least temporarily - for now. Next try disabling all the various mods just use the main programme files AND MAKE SURE that it's patched to the correct level, note that it is automatically patched by Bloodmoon to the highest level needed. Don't use any other patches from what ever souorce. The next step is going to take a bit of time and patience, but believe me when I say that it's worth it.

Enable each mod one at a time, starting with the DLC or official mods. When you enable a mod, start the game and see if it runs, if it does then enable the next and go on from there, if not, then disable that mod and try the other mods one at a time.

Hopefully you'll find all you mods work OK, so now re-load the helper programmes, again one at a time, and see if the game starts OK, if not remove the last programme you put in and go to the next. one.

As far as the Windows platform is concerned, don't worry, I run Windows 7 Profession x64 (the 64 bit version) and use a quad core processor, it works fine for me! The above tips should help you solve the problem,

It seems that you have at least 2 problems here.

First, what other mods are you using?

Second are you using any helper programmes like Wyre Mash?

To be honest I'd look at disabling and/or removing those helper programmes - at least temporarily - for now. Next try disabling all the various mods just use the main programme files AND MAKE SURE that it's patched to the correct level, note that it is automatically patched by Bloodmoon to the highest level needed. Don't use any other patches from what ever souorce. The next step is going to take a bit of time and patience, but believe me when I say that it's worth it.

Enable each mod one at a time, starting with the DLC or official mods. When you enable a mod, start the game and see if it runs, if it does then enable the next and go on from there, if not, then disable that mod and try the other mods one at a time.

Hopefully you'll find all you mods work OK, so now re-load the helper programmes, again one at a time, and see if the game starts OK, if not remove the last programme you put in and go to the next. one.

As far as the Windows platform is concerned, don't worry, I run Windows 7 Profession x64 (the 64 bit version) and use a quad core processor, it works fine for me! The above tips should help you solve the problem,

hi thanks for the reply

this is mt first time to use morrwind on pc

played a lot on the xbox back in the day

looking at getting morrwind overhaul

but atm ive not got one mod

ive tryed installing just morrwind and the same thing happens

ive got direck x 8.1 dident work tryed 9 same thing

put res on lowest still dont work

ive been looking on google and cant seem to find wots roung

ive just reformated my pc because it was pissing me off some much and it still dont work

omg

please help

i love oblivion and morrwind just whant to play the pc version

OK, thanks for the info.

It seems that you're going OK, BUT if you've been running Morrowind on XBox, that may well be the problem - believe me what you don't know is that systems can alter programme disks a little, so they refuse to play on anything else. In addition, I know that there was an XBox version of the Morrowind GOTY, is it that you're trying to run on your PC? If so then the best thing I can suggest is to bet a PC version of the Morrowind GOTY - they're not expensive, about £5 - £10 depending where you get it from.

I also see you're still using DirectX8.1 and 9. From what I can see of what you've told me, your machine needs quite a bit of care in the way of upgrades, log onto Windows Update in the control panel, and let it do the rest for you, you may well be surprised that it will download and install a much later version of DirectX for you - mines DirectX11!

Have you got a good defrag programme, if you have it will be worth running it as well, to clear up all the debris on the hard drives. I know a lot of people think that because they have a large hard drive they don't need to defrag the drive(s), they do. Fragmentation occurs as you use a programme - or even load and unload it, and in the long run it slows your computer down a lot.

Start the defrag programme after you've updated your computer, but don't plan on using the machine if you've not defragged for a while, as it will take a good long while at first. The best thing is to defrag at least once a week, and clean out any temp files on the system (like C:\Windows\Temp).

Do all tht and make sure the GOTY you have is correct for PC use and you should be fine.

ive got the pc goty

i have defraged my hardrive it was at 11% frag'd

i dont know wots roung

men of war works fine

i havent moded morrwind or anything

it crashes after it lodes the frist time just as the main screen come up

it is brown screen like in the morrwind coulers

Fine, I thought that the fragmentation could be a problem, but it seems it wasn't. I would normally only recommend the next stages as a last resort case, but I think that's what we've come down to.

1. Do a backup of all files you need (e-mails and files like word and excel files that are created by you).
  2. Don't worry about the programmes as you should have them all on CD anyway.
  3. Get your Windows 7 disk and RE-INSTALL the O/S do a full format of C: drive.
  4. Set up your anti-virus again, as well as a firewall (the windows one will do for a bit).
  5. You'll have to re-load ALL your Windows Updates as well.
  6. If you use Firefox as a browser look in the data you gathered and find the e-mail data that you should have backed up, this includes all your profiles and they need to be in place before you install Firefox. The same goes for Thunderbird, Seamonkey or FileZilla - or for that matter even StopZilla.
  7. Next re-load ALL you various programmes and if necessary patch them to as late as possible.

Now you see why I said it was a last resort, it can take a long time to get everything back together again, by the way all the Mozilla files mentioned in 6 need to go in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming.

Reboot, clean your temp files run a defrag again and you should be up and running again. If youi do a full format of the drive, any bugs will get wiped off, and that may well be what was causing your problems.

The next stage is to get a really good software firewall, one that works both on incoming as well as outgoing information, and install that, use instead of the Windows Firewall. Do that and run a defrag at least once a week as well as an anti-virus scan at least once a week and you should be OK.