Fallout 4 1.3 Steam Beta Update Live

SirSalami

In response to post #33332225. #33343595, #33345565, #33399980, #33405770, #33411000 are all replies on the same post.

Teo265 wrote: The changelog is indeed quite impressive. I'll hold out of the beta patch but will certainly enjoy the changes once the stable patch rolls out.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: Same with me. Seems like some great changes, but nothing major, and no fix for the invisible weapon bug makes it hardly worth-while for me at all. Will wait for the Official patch.
Lyrael07 wrote: The invisible weapon bug is indeed quite annoying...
Jessymut wrote: Entering VATS fixes the invisible weapon for me.
MindfulDroid wrote: what specs do you have, for the weapon bug?

I got low specs and I thought that was the reason, as in it just taking time to load the weapons...

Arkngt wrote: It seems to be connected to the framerate somehow. First, I don't have the issue at all if using the iFPSClamp=61 (or 60 or 59) tweak, but I get other issues with it so that's no solution. Also, I get it much more often outdoors with lower framerates than indoors where I have higher framerates. But it's not just that it takes a little bit longer - it can take 20-30 seconds, the weapon is invisible and can't be used.

I switch to a scoped weapon and that fixes the invisible weapon issue for me. Well not a fix a workaround. Then I go back to my weapon of choice.

Another fix is to press Q (vats) for a few seconds then cancel it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I had to go back to 1.2. because the 1.3. beta patch made my game autocrash everytime I was going to/fast traveling to the central areas of Boston. I checked my mods and everything - same thing. Only after I went back to 1.2 game was not crashing anymore.

Anyone had the same issue?

Edited by LisuPoland

In response to post #33662555.

LisuPoland wrote: Sadly, I had to go back to 1.2. because the 1.3. beta patch made my game autocrash everytime I was going to/fast traveling to the central areas of Boston. I checked my mods and everything - same thing. Only after I went back to 1.2 game was not crashing anymore.

well i have a heavily modded game on the 1.3 beta and have had 0 issues,0 crashing.

In response to post #33662555. #33801510 is also a reply to the same post.

LisuPoland wrote: Sadly, I had to go back to 1.2. because the 1.3. beta patch made my game autocrash everytime I was going to/fast traveling to the central areas of Boston. I checked my mods and everything - same thing. Only after I went back to 1.2 game was not crashing anymore.

Valkirth wrote: well i have a heavily modded game on the 1.3 beta and have had 0 issues,0 crashing.

Mine crashes when trying to trade with a settler.

In response to post #33645405.

Ethreon wrote:

In response to post #33332225. #33343595, #33345565, #33399980, #33405770, #33411000 are all replies on the same post.

Teo265 wrote: The changelog is indeed quite impressive. I'll hold out of the beta patch but will certainly enjoy the changes once the stable patch rolls out.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: Same with me. Seems like some great changes, but nothing major, and no fix for the invisible weapon bug makes it hardly worth-while for me at all. Will wait for the Official patch.
Lyrael07 wrote: The invisible weapon bug is indeed quite annoying...
Jessymut wrote: Entering VATS fixes the invisible weapon for me.
MindfulDroid wrote: what specs do you have, for the weapon bug?

I got low specs and I thought that was the reason, as in it just taking time to load the weapons...
Arkngt wrote: It seems to be connected to the framerate somehow. First, I don't have the issue at all if using the iFPSClamp=61 (or 60 or 59) tweak, but I get other issues with it so that's no solution. Also, I get it much more often outdoors with lower framerates than indoors where I have higher framerates. But it's not just that it takes a little bit longer - it can take 20-30 seconds, the weapon is invisible and can't be used.

I switch to a scoped weapon and that fixes the invisible weapon issue for me. Well not a fix a workaround. Then I go back to my weapon of choice.

Another fix is to press Q (vats) for a few seconds then cancel it.

I fix it switching to 3rd person and back to 1st...

I have a really weird result with the beta 1.3.

Disabled structures suddenly appeared again.

I deleted the ruins of a house, build my own structure on top and after using the patch 1.3 suddenly both (the old and the new) house are standing in each other.

Can anyone confirm the bug ?

In response to post #33508410. #33644495 is also a reply to the same post.

bladexdsl wrote:

why don't they fix stuff that actually needs fixing like

• the settlers on the roof
  • settlers not able to walk up a tiny little ledge
  • settlers falling through the floors
  • settlers not going to their damn stores (not just the weapon store)
  • Looping thank god you were here text after an attack and not being able to use shops
  • Missile launchers killing provisioners and than having the town they came from pissed at you forcing a reload of old save...
Ianana wrote: Settlers not assigning to tasks. This makes me crazy. They say "Got it" and then the item still says needs a person. Arghhhhh.

Settlers not doing a lot of things you want/order them to do and those Brahmin pack mules stuck in a house or on a roof.

In response to post #33589570.

ArizonaWillie wrote: What do they mean by " long load times ".

Are they referring to STARTING the game?

or are they talking about the ungodly waiting for the next location to load after your walk through a door or change location?

It takes forever each time,, I have settings lower to try to speed up loading. Crazy!! I can go have a piss then come back entering Diamond City

In response to post #33490205. #33584470 is also a reply to the same post.

bladexdsl wrote:

so because of the perk system it's not an rpg....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/46547555.jpg

Ionut_DDT wrote: not because of the perk system, but they stripped away any skills check, karma system and your decision doesn't matter.

Your decisions do matter in many of the quests
The new system is better than "karma", because the story revolves a lot around moral ambiguity rather than simply "good" and "evil".
The new system let's you plan your build from the start better.