Not a Mod request: but info request on Workbench

Klipperken

So, I can use workbenches.
These however are severely limited: one can't remove everything (like grass, houses, ...), but some mods are on the way to fix all this.

Then, if I spawn a WB in Where-ever-istan, I keep getting a line like: please kill all enemies.

But the places i spawn them in... ARE clean...
On top, what is "salvageable" in certain areas become not-salvageable in other areas.

Question: is there a way to overcome this?
Mainly the error message, so that I CAN open the WB in "non-WB-areas"?

The reason is: I actually scout each and every corner, no matter just how silly, and then I want to clean these out, so I know where I have been, and where not.

Also, containers seem to respawn their stuff, salvaging these solves this problem (I am autistic (Asperger-Savant) with ADHD, and a 'clean OCD', if you like, I am not a compulsive cleaner, but I 'want' (read: need) to tidy up the spots I've been at).

Thank you beforehand.

The issue is probably that your spawned workshop doesn't have a border, so any enemy as far as it can go is within range, thus you "didn't clear". Or, the scripted spawns within range do not stop existing.

Hmmm, annoying, I thought, seeing that the WB has a reach limit in which it works, would have that same range in detection?

Is there a way to kill the sensor?

Not that I know of. Maybe CK is needed to alter the scripts .

Am I reading this right? Are you talking about Settlement under attack mini quests? IF so, I heard this is a bug. The culprits had already been killed by your settlers or auto defense turrets. All you need to do is to ressurect the dead attackers and kill him again.

As for cleaning up rubles, you have 2 choices. Either use "markfordelete" command to specify what to delete (very risky, since you do not know what you are pointing at). It can be a piece of ground, and deleting it will make you "fall through" earth. And easier way is maybe downloading mod like Spring Cleaning. It allows you to target and delete a lot more than Vanilla allows. There are about 3 mods like that, but do read the posts and instructions before proceeding. Sometimes you can feel the mod is rather unstable.

Am I reading this right? Are you talking about Settlement under attack mini quests? IF so, I heard this is a bug. The culprits had already been killed by your settlers or auto defense turrets. All you need to do is to ressurect the dead attackers and kill him again.

As for cleaning up rubles, you have 2 choices. Either use "markfordelete" command to specify what to delete (very risky, since you do not know what you are pointing at). It can be a piece of ground, and deleting it will make you "fall through" earth. And easier way is maybe downloading mod like Spring Cleaning. It allows you to target and delete a lot more than Vanilla allows. There are about 3 mods like that, but do read the posts and instructions before proceeding. Sometimes you can feel the mod is rather unstable.

You're reading it wrong. He asked about workbenches spawned anywhere but in settlement locations. It has nothing to do with raiding parties.

As for the rubble, you CANNOT delete/disable unless someone enables the units to be targetable in console. So far, that is done via scrap mods.

You're reading it wrong. He asked about workbenches spawned anywhere but in settlement locations. It has nothing to do with raiding parties.

As for the rubble, you CANNOT delete/disable unless someone enables the units to be targetable in console. So far, that is done via scrap mods.

Ah I get it. So you can't use Work benches when you are still in combat. Some NPC probably aggro you and you are stuck with it. In that case, all you have to do is to run as far as you can to lose this aggro (probably from a mob stuck underground). If they get unstuck and follow you then you just kill them.

I thought you can delete stuff. I deleted a good amount of skeletons around my settlements. I haven't attempted on other rubles yet, but I am sure it works the same way. Or maybe we do not know until we confirm with tests. Scrap mod just makes it easier to scrap stuff.

Indeed good Sir.

Is there a way to get rid of the scrap confirmation dialog box, please?

Why is it so hard to deal with the confirmation? Yes it's annoying that I have to move a mouse to click OK. But confirmation box is there for a reason.

I wasn't able to delete anything until the objects were unlocked by mods. As far as I can tell, it's just lazy beth implementation.. should've been able to scrap darn bushes and leaves from start. Or attach a cleanup scrip to each location, not just the Castle.