Has Fallout 4 reinvigorated Skyrim modding?

nightinglae850

I think the biggest surge in Fallout 4 will be once mod authors get their hands on the upcoming creation kit and learn of its abilities or shortcomings. It will also help when people are able to obtain yet to be manufactured CPUs and CPUs to better handle Fallout 4 graphics so it looks at least as good as Skyrim. At least, I am waiting for some of these things before I play Fallout 4. When Fallout 4 has one of the Leveler's Buildings (perhaps a Boston Bean factory) and Imaginator F4 comes out it will certainly be the right time. LlamaRCA will have a Willowesque character (Ivy or Heather?) that will be state of the art and Kris Takahashi, Mike Hancho and Someguy2000 will hopefully be making some of their excellent mods for the Greater Boston wastelands.

Fallout 4 lacks quests, a lot of quests.

Wait for quests mods, need enb mods.

Fallout 4 lacks quests, a lot of quests.

Wait for quests mods, need enb mods.

Not a fallout player but implementing good quests takes time - how long did it take before the big quest mods started coming out for skyrim? How many REALLY good quest mods are there?

From my limited experience with the CK and skyrim, quests are some of the most annoying things to make for the game - it's tedious testing out all the possible conditions that can happen along all the various stages (not to mention the 20 things that can happen that you never thought about that completely break your quest), the game engine is finnicky at the best of times, and if you want any kind of voice acting, your development time just increased by a LOT as the whole dialogue system makes me want to pull out hairs.

Anyway, my point was (aside from the fact that I hate the quest setup in the CK and probably in the geck), that even when the dev software is released, it'll take a good amount of time before the complex storytelling mods come out.

Acid Zebra, I checked out your Hanging Gardens: a Quest and it looks good. I put it on tracking. Not sure whether to add it to my current game or wait till the next. Loved the name. If you do another one you might consider The Taj Morthal.

I was real hyped about fallout4 until I played it. It is 2016 and this game looks like it could have been released around fallout 3 time. It needs work a lot of work textures, animation, NPCs the list goes on. Vanilla Skyrim looks better ..I have not even finished it said screw it and went back to Skyrim.

A game I have my eye on.

Horizon zero dawn

I was real hyped about fallout4 until I played it. It is 2016 and this game looks like it could have been released around fallout 3 time. It needs work a lot of work textures, animation, NPCs the list goes on. Vanilla Skyrim looks better

Oh please, it doesn't look that bad and it looks better than Skyrim overall. And it has the best facegenchar right now.

Wait, you think it looks bad and that why you stopped? That it?

I was real hyped about fallout4 until I played it. It is 2016 and this game looks like it could have been released around fallout 3 time. It needs work a lot of work textures, animation, NPCs the list goes on. Vanilla Skyrim looks better

Oh please, it doesn't look that bad and it looks better than Skyrim overall. And it has the best facegenchar right now.

Wait, you think it looks bad and that why you stopped? That it?

Well compared to games of 2015-2016 yeah it needs lots of work ..perhaps you should look into new games and what they have for graphics. And yes perhaps when mods get better and "fix the game " I will play it again don't forget it is my choice.