Please add a bow or crossbow to Fallout 4?

ADragonCalledGeorge

Can someone please make a Long Bow for this game (Fallout 4)? I really want to go all sneaky with a long bow of some kind and snipe my enemies. I know there are sniper guns but I am not good at shooters and would prefer archery to guns. Even a crossbow would be cool! You could theoretically change a gun to look like a crossbow and use different audio types. I know nothing of modding though so I can't make my own mods. Many thanks in advance!! :smile:

Sorry if I sound too demanding. I didn't mean to come across that way. But I am just excited about modding possibilities! :)

After the creation kit i am certain it will be out almost instantly. We are so fortunate that Fallout 4 shares engine with skyrim. So it should have all the base information and stats already implemented. So i think that it's wisest to wait till then. How even on account of the crossbow. that should be possible as of right now to add as a standalone weapon (you could even possibly add it's trajectory just like with the fat man and grenades.) Someone just has to make the resource model and texture and then talk with some modder like "ff7cloudstrife" to make a standalone :P

But yes! god i want a crossbow or just bow. Especially if you could make the ammo reusable

but suspect some time on animation part for the bow and character sense there is no animation i saw resembling a draw of a bow/crossbow for light crossbow itll be quite similiar to bow but for heavy one itll have be put on ground for foot to hold it as the person draws with 1-2 hands. and chinese semi auto be easy but a self cocking bow will take even more time to animate.

then u got variety of bows and crossbow bow:recurve compound bow long bow short bow Mongolian bow

Recurve is hybrid of short and long bow size makes more portable but doesnt lack in range and power

compound bow has slightly worst range than long bow but more power

long bow has amazing range decent power course farther u shoot weaker but if u shoot high gravity will slightly beef the damage

short bow lacks range good power close quarters

mongolian bow is a horse bow best used mounted and moving horrible range and deadlier close quarters to medium range

then crossbows more plentiful crossbow: you got light crossbow weaker shorter range but is faster to reload

heavy crossbow more power slightly better range but takes longer to reload

pistol bow can be carried in one hand dramatic loss in range deadly upclose

recurve crossbow (may be wrong name) is similiar limbs to recurve bow has good range decent power slightly faster than heavy crossbow

compound crossbow more power less range slower reload

reverse limb crossbow more power but less range and allot faster reload

then u got chinese automatic crossbow uses magazine of 10-20 bolts after shooting bolt lift lever cocking bow string and loading a bolt extremely slow attach new magazine

then u got modern day semi auto dual crossbow just like far cry 4 decent power at medium range decent range faster cocking and fast reload

last but not least then u got most powerful military crossbow the PSE Tac 15 which can be mounted to a AR-15 reciever or use its own base very powerful requires custom bolts for it any other bolt would be destroyed by the bow string good range and semi fast speed using a cocking lever also can mount a bipod for better stability when not moving. difference of medieval and modern is modern crossbows have stabilizers as well suppressors to dampen the sound of the bow string.

Edited by lest120

ohya left some things out crossbows do not require special bolts to penetrate sheet armor (medieval name is plate armor) for bows u require bodkin arrows to penetrate sheet armor and modern day arrows can go through kevlar but in medieval era thick cloth and wool armor could stop medieval and modern day arrows forgive as i cannot remember the stitching type but same stitching make a quilt. and samurai armor did best at stoping arrows as it was thick and usually scale like leather armor and medieval invention of scale mail made bodkin and bolt arrows useless making anyone wearin scale mail harder kill without going for gaps with blade (gaps being the groin and armpit sometimes neck) and liek chain scale mail was protective against blunt force as it spread the pressure across the scales just like kevlar.