OBSE Problem

gotxbrains

I have a problem with oblivion script extender, when run with the loader the game will crash after several minutes of gameplay, no matter what i'm doing. I've deduced that it was obse after a clean install with vanilla oblivion and obse installed, ran fine without obse, loaded with obse it crashed after five minutes.

that's just it though, i'm not using any mods. It was a clean install, no mods at all.

I'm using the latest, version 0020 or something, and i'm not sure how to figure out my oblivion version, but i have shivering isles installed if that helps

that's just it though, i'm not using any mods. It was a clean install, no mods at all.

I'm using the latest, version 0020 or something, and i'm not sure how to figure out my oblivion version, but i have shivering isles installed if that helps

woops doublepost

Edited by gotxbrains

Do you have Knights of the Nine installed as well? And yes that is very strange since it was a clean install. Load order shouldn't be a problem in that case. However, the current version of obse is for the game+all DLCs. What version of oblivion do you have?

My only suggestion is to post the contents of your obse_loader.log and obse.log in hopes that they might provide clues. I myself wouldn't know what to look for in those files, but perhaps someone who can will see. If they are long files please enclose each text paste inside spoiler tags ... put one ["spoiler"] in the front and one ["/spoiler"] after (each time including the square brackets but not the quotation marks). The obse_loader.log and obse.log can be found in your Oblivion directory (one folder level higher than your Data folder). If you don't have 'show file extensions' enabled in Windows Explorer all you will see is obse_loader and obse ... the ones you're after will use the same icon as a Notepad style text file.