Deadly Reflex 6 Broke my game?

Wishless

I've just installed DR6 Beta, and upon the creation and activation of the OMOD, Oblivion crashes a few seconds after loading. I've only got one of the timed blocks activated, and the splatter is off. I installed first person legs and Drop lit torches OBSE.

The worrying thing is though, I originally thought it was some problem with the menu that's supposed to come up (I assume DR6 does what DR5 did, with the in game setup of the bash key and whatnot), because the timing of the crash would fit. But then I tried unchecking my other mods one by one in case any of them were interfering. After a while I got lazy, and just rechecked them all, and instead de-activating DR6. The game still crashes a few seconds after loading, no matter which save file I load.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Here's my load order(As you can see, DR isn't there, but if it were, the esm would be last, as would the timed block, combat moves, and mounted magic esps:

Oblivion.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

FOV Modifier.esp

Spell Delete And Item Remove.esp

Living Economy.esp

Living Economy - Items.esp

Cutthroat Merchants.esp

Map Marker Overhaul.esp

Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

Alchemy Book.esp

Battlespire Books.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

OOO-Water_Weeds.esp

OOO-Map_Markers_Stock.esp

OOO-Container_Trap_Instant_Effects.esp

OOOHangoverRemedy.esp

OOOLivingEconomyWornRebalance.esp

Anvil_Mazecave.esp

ScarletMonastery.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp

DropLitTorchOBSE.esp

P1DkeyChain.esp

Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp

ATakesAll.esp

Denock Arrows.esp

Smarter Mercantile Leveling - Multi.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp

Chameleon-NoRefraction-2411.esp

OOO-Magic_Script_Effect_Fix.esp

Streamline 3.1.esp

FastEquipping.esp

MI Books.esp

SP1stPLegs.esp

Enhanced Hotkeys.esp

I don't see a bashed patch and do you use BOSS to sort your load order? The expert on this (Hickory) will probably have a look at your problem tomorrow, but in the meantime if you don't use Wrye Bash and BOSS you may want to familiarize yourself with them a bit so you and Hickory (or whoever jumps in on this) can start from a step or two up the ladder.

Edit: As for does anyone else have these problems ... yes I've seen plenty of complications getting DR6 working and quite often Dropped Lit is in the same post. You're not alone.

Edited by Striker879

I do use BOSS, yes. I haven't ever used Wrye Bash, but from the readme, it didn't sound like a crucial step to get it to work? As you can tell, I don't use a huge number of mods anyway, so I'm not really savvy or anything. I was really hoping I'd made some simple stupid mistake that could be easily remedied :x Thanks for the input though, and it's good to know I'm not in an exceptionally rare situation.

I missed seeing your First Person Legs last night. I've seen it implicated in troubled installations too. The only advice I can offer is to completely uninstall those three mods, get your game working normally with your regular mods and then add each one back in, one at a time and test thoroughly between each. The problem causer will be readily apparent and troubleshooting can start from a different foothold then.

I missed seeing your First Person Legs last night. I've seen it implicated in troubled installations too. The only advice I can offer is to completely uninstall those three mods, get your game working normally with your regular mods and then add each one back in, one at a time and test thoroughly between each. The problem causer will be readily apparent and troubleshooting can start from a different foothold then.

I've removed DR6, Drop Lit Torches, and 1st Person Legs. It still crashes seconds after startup. I'm thinking I may have to just do a clean install. I'll be busy from now until tuesday, so forgive me if I don't reply to whatever help may be coming until then

Here's how to get back to a vanilla game without reinstalling - for troubleshooting

Bben's Oblivion Revert to Vanilla game

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=340

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

NOTE: If you reinstall, then put the same bunch of problem mods back in you will probably have the same problems.