ooo map marker stock esp

ooo no guild ownership esp

ooo warter weeds esp

lost paladins of the divines esp

better citys esp

bartholm esp

glenvar castle esp

the lost spires esp

dlc frostcrag reboun ( it over wright my fostcrag esp)

kavtch rebuilt ooo comoatibilty esp

kavtch rebuilt esp

castle sea view esp

i keep geting a crash on exit game

error sinature appname: onlivion xexe appver: 1.2.0.416 mod name: oblivion.exe

modver: 1.2.0.416 offset 0001e232

there is also music playing while it has crashed

thanks guys

totalwar13 out!

Oblivion is unstable and buggy. Most people often have crash or freeze on exit. You should install the Fast Exit mod, it will help you about 70% of the time. As for that other 30% of the time, sorry dude. Ctrl Alt Delete > Task Manager.

Oblivion is unstable and buggy. Most people often have crash or freeze on exit. You should install the Fast Exit mod, it will help you about 70% of the time. As for that other 30% of the time, sorry dude. Ctrl Alt Delete > Task Manager.

I use the fast exit 2 version, and have never had a problem with it, do you still get the occasional crash on exit??

I'll be the odd man out, different viewpoint guy here.

I used to get crash on exit almost every exit myself. Collating a number of different tips together I've reduced my crash on exit to well under 10% and I don't use Fast Exit.

I always save from the Esc menu, and no longer overwrite a previous save. I don't use quicksave, and only load an autosave when I've neglected to save recently and get a CTD at an 'inopportune' time (I still get the occasional CTD, but even those are far less frequent). I always exit the game from the Esc menu directly to the desktop (not back to the main menu). My understanding from what I've read in various sources is that the game engine does a lot of things when saving and exiting that are of questionable value (I got that from a Wrye's musings I think). My theory is that if the game engine is trying to do a myriad of tasks at game exit and has carried some possibly questionable info into it at load from a quicksave it's more likely to choke. The only other thing that's changed about how I play my game is I don't often bring my CM Partners along for a ride anymore (I used to CTD with them in tow a lot).

Maybe it's all just voodoo ... I don't know, but I'm sticking with it.

Edited by Striker879

I have also heard that this can be caused by certain methods of removing things from the game. (which a lotta mods do....) Deleted references as opposed to disabled references. Although, I have also seen the base game with NO mods crash on exit......

Hmm ... thanks, I'm going to keep that in mind. I have been know to delete vanilla things in the CS when I'm modding. Best time to get good habits is when you're learning.

Cleaning your mods with TES4Edit helps prevent a lot of the crashes on exit. Fast Exit 2 is good, but for some people Windom Earle's Crash Prevention System works better. If you try one, and are still crashing, try the other. Both of them worked well for me but I prefer Windom Earle's because it also helps prevent a lot of seemingly random crashes at other times besides exit.

Cleaning your mods with TES4Edit helps prevent a lot of the crashes on exit. Fast Exit 2 is good, but for some people Windom Earle's Crash Prevention System works better. If you try one, and are still crashing, try the other. Both of them worked well for me but I prefer Windom Earle's because it also helps prevent a lot of seemingly random crashes at other times besides exit.

I wish that were still under development..... an excellent idea.