I hate this game...

icefaii

I have 190 hours into this game, 2/3 of time spent being on mod contents. The game adds up to about 36 gigs with mods, although half of it are not active. My game is constantly crashing with all the mods now, I cant run in cyrodiil for 1 minute without the game crashing to desktop, the only safe places without crashes are indoor such as dungeons/houses/paradise or shivering isle. The problem is, if I start fresh and reinstall the game or deactivate mods, my save wont load. So I would practically have to start all over again, including spending countless of hours seeking, downloading, and sorting all the mods again if I want to play the game without crashes.. But doing all the modding again.. is one hell of a damn chore..

I had to resort to console commands the other day to just finish the main plot. It took me 6 hours of movetoqt, setstage mq and about 60 crashes just to finish defense of bruma, great gate, and light the dragon fire quests. Paradise quest was safe since its not in cyrodiil. I couldnt even get into the great oblivion gate in the great gate quest; I had to use setstage mq to move on to the next quest...

I cant do any side quests or mod quests in cyrodiil anymore since the game would just crash... and I am tired of using movetoqt on everything... Good thing is now that Ive got the main quest done, when I go into shivering isle for 10 minutes, there doesnt seem to be any crashes. I think I will just finish the expansion pack and toss this game away... good bye cyrodiil.

I think when skyrim comes out, i am going to avoid all the moddings... well maybe except character models and some item mods..

Sounds to me like you have a lot of mod conflicts or other problems, as well as a lot of mods. My file adds up to 23.8 gigs and I thought I had a lot of stuff. (actualy have 15.5 gigs more in a seperate folder devoted to mods I don't use or like to keep copies of)

Only advice I can give, unless you've already given up, is to delete the stuff you aren't using and make sure you are using mods that work together and that they are working properly. (it's important to remove files that you arent using because it improves load times and helps prevent crashes.)

If you don't keep up with those 3 things then it can become a real chore when you try to set things straight and I could understand just deleting everything and reinstalling. But if you do it as you go it isn't so bad.

Your problem could be related to those disabled mods. Even though you disable them they affect your game. Move them right out of your Data folder. I have a MyBackups folder that's a subdirectory off Bethesda Softworks (at the same level as the Oblivion folder, not in it). Move your disabled mods somewhere like that and see if it helps.