Better Cities - Everything works except...

parkerjones

one word - wow!

with only one apparent issue... strange bright yellow shapes have appeared above windows on the external imperial buildings. I have no other issues.

I have Natural Environments and Lights Within/Without in addition to Better Cities and also chose to use the Open Better Cities optional setting via the console command StartQuest.

I used all three files as instructed "Required" written by the side of each download.

I unzipped each of the three downloads created thee mods using the oblivion mod manager and activated as described in the read me file. I also ran BSA invalidation and BOSS to make sure my load order was correct. I have a hunch that they strange bright yellow shapes are from the Lights Within mod but would like to know if that can be confirmed... and if they are compatible. I would upload a screen shot if I knew how!

thank you in advance for any pointers or help in this matter! noob. :)

Your yellow shapes could be the game indicating missing meshes. When you built your OMOD were there any optional folders you may have missed including?

Those look like the missing mesh errors to me ... I'd have a look at the extracted Lights Within/Without and compare it's folders and files to what you have installed through OBMM. That's part of the reason I'm an old school manual install guy. If you don't get everything right when you create the OMOD you wind up going through all the same troubleshooting you'd do with a manual install. The OMOD gang will be all over me now ... thanks.

There's an extra http:// in the image link ... that's why it doesn't work (without some more old school stuff :biggrin: ).

thanks for the heads up on the image! I just saw that! sorry - copy/pasted right from photobucket! my bad. and yes until I had the mod manager... I had found the files, folders and dropped them where the read me said they needed to go! then the guys who wrote better cities kinda scared me into learning to use the programs I mentioned by saying if you couldn't use them, you had no business attempting to install their mod! :)

anyhoo - I'm gonna disable the lights within mod until I learn more about modding basics and scripting... then come back here and ask more questions!! ;)

thanks again!

here's the image again... pls let me know if anyone has a specific way of addressing this issue.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg320/parkerjones2008/255ac661.png

oops.

I'm using the d2d version of the original oblivion esm file - which I believe isn't compatible with obse... is that correct?

I've been wondering if there was a way to extract an exe file from my version or if I have to purchase another version of the game? thank you the info... I will definitely pass on that info now I know what those symbols represent!

OBSE is incompatible with the D2D game executable. Only way to fix that is with a different version of the game, be it via steam, or, a purchased disk from the store. Any other method would be a violation of the EULA for the game... and thus, not open for discussion here. :D

Just as a heads up ... the Impulse version of the game is also an encrypted exe, so OBSE won't work with it either. GotY or Steam are the best bets.