Better Cities - Everything works except...

parkerjones

Impulse is the distribution channel for Stardock (Galactic Civilization, Sins of a Solar Empire, Demigod) . Used to be just for their own titles ... now they compete for their piece of the big pie. The games released by Stardock are still unencrypted, but most of the big boys want restrictions before Impulse is allowed to distribute. Steam has their "You must be running Steam" restriction so they stick handle through some of the morass that way. Because the Oblivion exe isn't encrypted at Steam, they were able to work with the OBSE team and the obse_steam_loader.dll is the result.

I don't shop for games much anymore, but when I do look in a bricks and mortar location the PC games section just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Soon there will be two or three game cases up at the cash register, that's it.

Ain't that the truth..... Sadly, I see the same thing happening here. Some of the "Game" stores... don't even HAVE a PC games section. Also, with the advent of DRM, Steam, D2D, and now Impulse..... the secondary market is basically history.