DDoS attack on sites [Updated]

Dark0ne

As lead administrator of a fairly new Dragon Age mod team's website (the site is, not the mod team), I can empathize with Dark0ne more than I can with the person that should have known better than to upload something that didn't belong to him and claim credit for it. It doesn't matter who is at fault for the banned person not learning to repsect the property of others, the fact is there was disrespect involved and then a threat to this fine family of websites.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's blowing smoke I believe... but if Anonymous or a large group of people gets involved maybe Dark0ne should consider (or ask Krystal to) sign up for a DDoS protection service? Edited by Dark0ne

From the little I have read about Anonymous, (I think) they focus in freedom of speech.

Besides, doubt many people hold any bad grudges against The Nexus Forum. Atleast not ENOUGH.

But then again, you never now...

Blowing smoke or not, the fact that the information is available, and it's probably searchable with the same keywords used to find this combo of forums- this is a problem.

Not every threat should be taken seriously, but I believe this one might be an exception.

Also, we could argue that this is a site that protects freedom of speech, for the most part. We do run a news service, and Anonymous has said that they will never attack a member of the press. Generally, we accept all viewpoints on these forums and modders are allowed to express (to a certain extent) their own personal beliefs and ideas in their mods. I don't think Anonymous would be targeting us specifically, but if Faks has rallied them up about false charges or something it could be a problem.

Also, we could argue that this is a site that protects freedom of speech, for the most part. We do run a news service, and Anonymous has said that they will never attack a member of the press. Generally, we accept all viewpoints on these forums and modders are allowed to express (to a certain extent) their own personal beliefs and ideas in their mods. I don't think Anonymous would be targeting us specifically, but if Faks has rallied them up about false charges or something it could be a problem.

Chill, anonymous won't attack the Nexus, I'm sure they're busy playing Keyboard Warriors somewhere else. He's just trying to look powerful and intimidating. Maybe this guy will talk one or two clowns into "joining him in battle" or whatever he thinks he is doing but even that is unlikely.

Anonymous is not an one-determined army lead by a kingly person but an association of hackers. His cause of 'excessive banning' might appeal to certain numbers since Nexus is one big community and cling to banhammer on certain violations.

But still it's a weak cause to wage a war, strong policies against illegal contents and profanity words are rather common, and he's too kingly to lead a coordination who argue about freedom. I suppose only absent minded squires would join his personal warfare against a non-political game modding community site.

Quote:

"I lost a battle not the war remember that!"

"The best defense is a good offense!"

Great using of paradox I see. He must be a incarnaton of historical person, who found a new toy to play other than gaming.