DDoS attack on sites [Updated]

Dark0ne

Around about 10am today a petulant child who got banned from the site came back with a warning, demanding they be unbanned or they would DDoS the sites until they got their way. Naturally this warning was ignored, as would anyone who made such threats. A little while later the DDoS attacks started and the sites have been up and down a bit.

We're no strangers to DDoS attacks, we've had plenty in this site's history so please bare with us while we rectify the actions of a brat.

I will say this; I would never be forced in to unbanning someone who went about bringing down the sites in an illegal manner to try and get their way. I'd rather lose these sites completely than let that happen.

Update at 2pm GMT

The attacks are still going on but the effects are utterly negligible to you, the user. The malicious traffic isn't even reaching the servers and is simply being blocked by various router and firewall policies. As such service should be "as normal" for all visitors now.

Just want to do a shout out to my friends at Krystal, a company I helped found many years ago, who have been hosting the Nexus sites for the past couple of years. As soon as they found out about the problem they had two guys on it and practically stopped the attack within minutes. They continue to provide service above and beyond my expectations. If you're looking for some (UK based) hosting for your website then I could recommend no one better for the job than Krystal hosting, and if you use the coupon code "Nexus" when purchasing you'll get 50% off your order, because they like us and we like them :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never Give Into That BS.

And if there is a way to go after them do the same in spades.

You have a business here and when some DH, decides they want to make business decisions for you, you cant let it happen.

You Have The Best File Site For Any Game On The Web, and have had so for a very long time now.

So Good Luck To You, and Shut That Prick Down and Send Him Packing.