[WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution

matortheeternal

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit confused by somethings that I am having a hard time finding info for. First off, my leveled items list is quite barren using the smash.all despite me having plenty of weapon and armor mods with leveled lists. I can used the bash.all setting and get a quite lengthy list like I'd expect but is this patch as good as smash.all? This also conflicts with what I heard, that a smash.all patch by default should be way better than a default wyre smash patch. It would appear, at least with my leveled lists, that may not be true? I think more likely I am misunderstanding something. Should I use both a smash.all setting and bash.all setting patch? What changes do I need to make to assure a good leveled list? Or is a small leveled item list actually a good sign for some reason I don't know because I am inexperienced. Sorry for the newbish questions.

Edited by enderlink12

I am a bit confused by somethings that I am having a hard time finding info for. First off, my leveled items list is quite barren using the smash.all despite me having plenty of weapon and armor mods with leveled lists. I can used the bash.all setting and get a quite lengthy list like I'd expect but is this patch as good as smash.all? This also conflicts with what I heard, that a smash.all patch by default should be way better than a default wyre smash patch. It would appear, at least with my leveled lists, that may not be true? I think more likely I am misunderstanding something. Should I use both a smash.all setting and bash.all setting patch? What changes do I need to make to assure a good leveled list? Or is a small leveled item list actually a good sign for some reason I don't know because I am inexperienced. Sorry for the newbish questions.

Smash removes leveled lists that are identical to the previous override record after the patch has been generated. Assuming your plugins were assigned the Smash.All setting and added to the smashed patch, all of the leveled lists with >1 override should have been processed by smash. You can always look at the log to see what records were processed, and which were removed due to being ITPOs.

Hi! Does this new version inform me of which plugins i need to remove from my load order once done smashing? I noticed that it didnt inform me of which plugins i could disable.

Hi! Does this new version inform me of which plugins i need to remove from my load order once done smashing? I noticed that it didnt inform me of which plugins i could disable.

The merge redundant plugins feature has been removed.

Merge redundant plugins feature was removed from smash because it is worse than useless because smash cannot load more than 255 plugins. At best it gives users a false sense of security, at worst it causes them to end up missing plugin content from their games. The feature cannot provide any value to end users without smash (the xEdit framework, specifically) being able to load >255 plugins at once.

If you want to merge plugins, use merge plugins.

The merge redundant plugins feature has been removed.

Merge redundant plugins feature was removed from smash because it is worse than useless because smash cannot load more than 255 plugins. At best it gives users a false sense of security, at worst it causes them to end up missing plugin content from their games. The feature cannot provide any value to end users without smash (the xEdit framework, specifically) being able to load >255 plugins at once.

If you want to merge plugins, use merge plugins.

Thanks! not a problem, merge plugins will more than suffice :)

Hello, i have a question. In GamerPoets' video, it is recommended to select the 'Smash.All' setting for ALL plugins. However, some of the plugins in my mod list already have a Smash setting : Bash.Names, Bash.Graphics, Bash.Relev, or Bash.Combined-*code*.

Why do certain files already have a specific setting ? Should I leave these files' Smash settings as is, or change to Smash.All ? Do I really need to Smash all plugins or only the ones with these specific settings ?

I assume that Smash.All is a simpler option, but I feel like these settings exist for a reason.

Thanks to Mator for creating such a great tool, and thanks to whoever will take the time to answer my question (which was probably asked and answered before, then I am sorry).

Hello, i have a question. In GamerPoets' video, it is recommended to select the 'Smash.All' setting for ALL plugins. However, some of the plugins in my mod list already have a Smash setting : Bash.Names, Bash.Graphics, Bash.Relev, or Bash.Combined-*code*.

Why do certain files already have a specific setting ? Should I leave these files' Smash settings as is, or change to Smash.All ? Do I really need to Smash all plugins or only the ones with these specific settings ?

I assume that Smash.All is a simpler option, but I feel like these settings exist for a reason.

Thanks to Mator for creating such a great tool, and thanks to whoever will take the time to answer my question (which was probably asked and answered before, then I am sorry).

You can change them to Smash.All. Their settings were automatically assigned based on bash tags found in their description, but you can ignore this because the way Smash's algorithm works is such that Smash.All (or Bash.All) is the ideal setting to use for all plugins.