⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution

matortheeternal

Mator about that merging redudant plugins like the bashed patch, if I enable these plugins I go over 255 esps, could it break the software ?

Incidentally, I'm here because of this very thing. It crashes and hangs when trying to smash a list of over 255 plugins, log tells about maximum limit. Could this be addressed as in it's current state it is not capable of doing what WB does?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, I'm here because of this very thing. It crashes and hangs when trying to smash a list of over 255 plugins, log tells about maximum limit. Could this be addressed as in it's current state it is not capable of doing what WB does?

Mator Smash is built off of the xEdit framework. The xEdit framework cannot load more than 255 plugins at a time. If you have that many plugins you should run my other program, Merge Plugins, to combine plugin files and get below the limit.

I use Merge Plugins already and it's an awesome tool (it occasionally crashes and/or hangs too, though). However MS even combined with Merge Plugins is not really equivalent of the WB's convenient bashing of all the unchecked plugins across the load order. How much better job it would do is yet to see because currently I can't use it. Maybe I'll try to become comfortable with some other way of doing things.

• 3 weeks later...

Question: (That may have been answered elsewhere, if so I am sorry.) I noted that smash is able to detect and apply bash tags that is attached to the esp. BUT unlike bash, it only loads up the esp that I have activated in ModOrganizer, is this intentional, or is there something I am missing or its a future QOL addition? I "smash/bash" a lot and its quite annoying to have to activate and deactivate esp (often 30-50 of them) everytime I do a "smash".

Looking forward to more community recommended tags in the future. Thanks

(Looks like the previous question asked a similar thing. So xEdit can only load 255 items, that is a major limitation that is going to limit the day to day type modders that like the one buttton press bash option. Oh well, still nice to have another modding tool in our arsenal. I see Dreadflopp is using it.)

Edited by Garfink

• 2 weeks later...

I also asked in the SkyrimMods Reddit, but it seems no one there could answer me:

These last days I'm experimenting with Mator Smash and trying to create rules that will smash my mod order as close to what I want.
Using the default Smash.All function I see that there are some problems with WAFR.
As can be seen from here - http://i.imgur.com/2vSsx2b.jpg - it ignores the Light Armor fix.
In the settings manager ( http://i.imgur.com/1SXMha0.jpg ) everything is checked. What does that mean exactly? By what logic it combines them?
I also tried leaving them unchecked so that the last one overrides the one before it the default Skyrim way (according to the video in the YouTube Mator channel) - http://i.imgur.com/cY52AGP.jpg . Also chained the keywords to the armor, so that every change to one of the records, changes also the other one) but the problem became worse. Now the ArmorLight keywords are copied but not the Armor Type.
I will REALLY appreciate any help and explanations on the Mator Smash settings :///

• 2 weeks later...

The past day I've been having a weird problem with Mator Smash/Merge Plugins Standalone.

Essentially certain records are being mis-read/mis-written (i.e. armor keywords being replaced with workshop references, or just random references).

I've been using these applications for Fallout 4 mods.

Is there anything that runs in background that can interfere with xEdit scripts?

Was wondering if this a new problem or unique to me?

Edited by drakesaul

Total Smash noob, but I hope you can help. I successfully created an basic, simple Smash All patch in a previous game (a smash all patch). Attempted to create another one for a new game. The process I followed before doesn't work. I select all mods, the entire plugins pane is blued indicating they're selected. I try and right click Add to patch/New Patch, but the "Add to patch" is greyed out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks and sorry for bothering you with something so trivial.

Getting this on xEdit. not sure how to proceed..

[00:42] Background Loader: <Warning: File [bB] SmashedPatch.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of KatlasFarm "Katla's Farm" [CELL:000161F7] is missing an overriden record for KatlasFarm "Katla's Farm" [CELL:000161F7]

can provide mod list \ load order (not sure if necessary, else would've posted along with this comment)

Also.

Should I use a bashed patch because I used Smash.all patch? The Bash.All patch handles leveled list perfectly but it ignores some things which smash.all does perfectly.

and I read above that bash.all is safer than smash.all- so I'm quite confused. Sorry and thanks for the great utility. Props.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, and thanks for this amazing tool. Been working pretty well for my Skyrim SE playthrough.

I do get an error, when trying to run it for Fallout 4, though. It immediately posts this, as I try to build the patch:

"Building patch: Compatibility
Patch is using plugin: Compatibility.esp
Adding masters...
Done adding masters
Processing files
Processing DLCRobot.esm
Failed to patch Compatibility, Access violation at address 00721C82 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000014
All done!"
Edit: When I initially load the program, all plugins for Fallout 4 are listed as "Skip" in the setting column. If I right click, Smash Setting cannot be changed.
Edited by Venlafaxin

• 2 months later...

Hello, and thanks for this amazing tool. Been working pretty well for my Skyrim SE playthrough.

I do get an error, when trying to run it for Fallout 4, though. It immediately posts this, as I try to build the patch:

"Building patch: Compatibility
Patch is using plugin: Compatibility.esp
Adding masters...
Done adding masters
Processing files
Processing DLCRobot.esm
Failed to patch Compatibility, Access violation at address 00721C82 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000014
All done!"
Edit: When I initially load the program, all plugins for Fallout 4 are listed as "Skip" in the setting column. If I right click, Smash Setting cannot be changed.

I also have this issue. Don't use this shitty program, it isn't even finished yet.

Conflict resolution my ass lol use wrye bash instead, the latest version at least does something

Edited by reptileye