matortheeternal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mator

Just downloaded vs 0.4

Installed and in using MO2 -- When deted integrations = mpOpt_ModOrganizer not found

Don't really know what it is missing and how i can get/install it.

I already have and working fine - Merge Standalone in the same App

Thanks

Same problem here.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I've apparently found a nice little bug and conflict with making smash patches and Alternative Start: New Beginnings mod and I've found the resolution. I don't know if you already knew this, but it's good to know about it. I created a video encase anyone else comes across the problem and how to fix the issue. Loot does it automatically by fixing the load order, but it's good to have a reference to send people too encase they decide to debate about it.

Here is the video explaining the problem and how to fix it.

Alright, I've apparently found a nice little bug and conflict with making smash patches and Alternative Start: New Beginnings mod and I've found the resolution. I don't know if you already knew this, but it's good to know about it. I created a video encase anyone else comes across the problem and how to fix the issue. Loot does it automatically by fixing the load order, but it's good to have a reference to send people too encase they decide to debate about it.

Here is the video explaining the problem and how to fix it.

To be clear - this may be specific to your mod setup. The only difference between loading alternate start after mator smash is override records from alternate start will be used instead of the override records in smash which they conflict with. If you're getting save corruption it could be because:

1. You created the smashed patch on an existing save.

2. The smashed patch resolved a conflict incorrectly.

3. Alternate start was not included in the smashed patch.

4. Alternate start overrides a record which conflicts with another mod in your load order, but resolving this conflict causes Alternate Start to not function correctly.

It's hard to assess exactly which of these is the case without looking at your smashed patch and your entire load order in TES5Edit to see which records smash would be overriding from Alternate Start that would be causing this issue.

Hi Mator!

First of all, I love all of you work! Thank you for everything! <3

So I've ran into a problem that I've been trying to solve for quite a while now. I am a noob so please forgive my ignorance/lack of skill...

I made a word document that goes throught my thought process (the preview looks broken so please download the word document instead) to try and solve "Failed to merge NewMerge, FormID [D4000000] belongs to a file that is not available as master to records in [D3] Open Cities Skyrim.esp" error I've been getting from the Merge Plugins. I thought using Mator Smash would solve the issue (by merging up instead of down) but I cannot even build the patch... Help, please!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mator. Thanks for the work...

This is my first attempt at smashing my game. I removed FNIS and DSR before smashing. I have a bashed patch, which I didn't place in the smash patch. (Perhaps I should?) Anyway, I have 5,403 records and the patch stops at 5,354 on the records:

[5354] Copying record EnhancedLightsandFXForms [FLST:2216733B]
Smashing override from: ELFX - NoBreezehome.esp, master: EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
and then just hangs. Never finishing the patch. I have to kill the program to get out. Can you suggest any troubleshooting?