[WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution

matortheeternal

Hello, i have a question. In GamerPoets' video, it is recommended to select the 'Smash.All' setting for ALL plugins. However, some of the plugins in my mod list already have a Smash setting : Bash.Names, Bash.Graphics, Bash.Relev, or Bash.Combined-*code*.

Why do certain files already have a specific setting ? Should I leave these files' Smash settings as is, or change to Smash.All ? Do I really need to Smash all plugins or only the ones with these specific settings ?

I assume that Smash.All is a simpler option, but I feel like these settings exist for a reason.

Thanks to Mator for creating such a great tool, and thanks to whoever will take the time to answer my question (which was probably asked and answered before, then I am sorry).

You can change them to Smash.All. Their settings were automatically assigned based on bash tags found in their description, but you can ignore this because the way Smash's algorithm works is such that Smash.All (or Bash.All) is the ideal setting to use for all plugins.

Thank you for your answer, it's what I expected. Again thanks for this tool, so easy to use !

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to when you're going to remove the "WIP" designation and post this up to the Nexus for "normal" downloads. This iteration of the tool has quickly become an essential part of my build out process and I cringe whenever I see guides suggesting xEdit manual compatibility merges and Wrye Bash for leveled lists. Great tools when they came out, but I think this is soooooo much better.

I'm curious as to when you're going to remove the "WIP" designation and post this up to the Nexus for "normal" downloads. This iteration of the tool has quickly become an essential part of my build out process and I cringe whenever I see guides suggesting xEdit manual compatibility merges and Wrye Bash for leveled lists. Great tools when they came out, but I think this is soooooo much better.

Working on it.

Hello, do you still plan to add a feature to share settings, like for Merge Plugins ?

Not in this iteration of the tool.

Hi I am trying to run Smash on SSE from MO2. I have the 0.51 release, set it up like my other tools in MO and when I run it, it shows all of my plugins checked and everything.

I hit ok, and the splash screen with the hulk pops up saying loading skyrim.esm and....that is it. It just stays there indefinitely it seems, no movement at all. I have to end task to stop it.

Any idea what the problem is here? I tried searching but could not find anything.

Hi I am trying to run Smash on SSE from MO2. I have the 0.51 release, set it up like my other tools in MO and when I run it, it shows all of my plugins checked and everything.

I hit ok, and the splash screen with the hulk pops up saying loading skyrim.esm and....that is it. It just stays there indefinitely it seems, no movement at all. I have to end task to stop it.

Any idea what the problem is here? I tried searching but could not find anything.

Sounds like an antivirus is not letting Smash load the plugins.

Sounds like an antivirus is not letting Smash load the plugins.

Hmm, never had this problem with any other utilities. I will try that avenue though, thank you