Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

sarumon91

You will be assimilated........

Huh, oh.... wait a minute. :D

You want your game patched to the latest and greatest in any event. There are interesting bugs that the various patches fixed.... if ya ain't patched, you will get the opportunity to experience them. :D

If you want to use Realistic Water, then, OBSE is going to be required. Its a simple installation, just drop three files into your oblivion directory, and then change your short-cut on your desktop for oblivion, to point at OBSE_Loader, instead of the Oblivion launcher. (don't really need the launcher at this point anyway, as you can do everything you need to, except set screen resolution, and such, via WB.)

OBGE is just a plugin for OBSE, it involves dropping a file into the Data\OBSE\Plugins directory, and I think, and esp file into data. THEN you would have to install the Realistic water mod, and follow ITS install instructions. (which are non-trivial from doing some reading.....)

Getting the official patches right can be a minefield. Pay close attention to downloading the proper version of the patch for your version of Oblivion. Steam takes care of it for you (sheesh ... who would have thought the original anti-Steam guy would say that). The Oblivion Game of the Year version will fully patch itself if you install the second disk, along with the Shivering Isles expansion. If you are using the English version of the 'regular' disk version make sure you get the one appropriate for your flavour of English ... North American vs. the UK (and most of the rest of the English speaking world). Edited by Striker879

Holy smoke... you are WAY behind the curve. Current version is 1.2.0416. You can find all patches here. (I have no clue why it wants "age verification".... that's just silly.) Pick the right one for what you have installed, (no shivering isles I am guessing....) and your region.

OK ... if it's the disk version you'll want to find the correct patch from the files listed here (the Official Oblivion 12416 patch).

Edit: Striker says "Hey you" to Heyyou, who is one quick one on the links (bookmarked now here in the Striker tower BTW).

Edited by Striker879

No the patches aren't incremental. I'm wondering about the steps you took following bben46's uninstall/re-install guide. The part about running a registry cleaner (CCleaner is the recommended one) is actually a pretty important step. Left over registry entries can cause problems with a re-install. Did you run CCleaner (or a registry cleaner of your choice)?