OBGE Problems...

Driko1997

Hello fellow nexus users, I am new to this forum and this is my first topic so here goes...

First of all here are my specs

Processor: Penium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 3.20GHz

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT430

Now here are a list of my problems I have encountered so far, first when I play for a few minutes the screen keeps switching back to screens that were me playing before and I cannot see what I am doing properly, this eventually stacks up and I cannot see at all and renders me useless in a fight, secondly whenever I use a night eye spell or an enchanted item, it will switch back to screens non stop meaning the night eye shaders are not working.

Lastly none of the shaders work but the support works greatly, I desperately want this fixed so I can have some awesome effects (including god rays *_*)

For an example of my screen blinking problem, for instance if I start fighting or walk some where or move in anyway it will happen in one-two minutes, and the screen will blink back to one scene for many times and it does it very fast so I get blinded by it. PLEASE HELP D:

Edited by Driko1997

If you disable OBGE, and any mods dependent on it, does the problem go away?

I seem to remember reading about someone else having this issue, but, I can't recall where it was, or, what the fix was.....

How do you disable OBGE >.> (if you mean OBGE support esp, then it does not go away, none of my mods conflict with shaders, but if disabling support it doesnt disable OBGE fully, im going to try to uninstall OBGE completely and try reinstalling it again.)

Thanks for replying :).

I think all you have to do is disable the OBGE support esp file, and rename/move the obge plugin in your OBSE\Plugins directory.

Reinstalled it but uh... Still doesn't work I downloaded core originally then combined the shaders but then realised that was wrong and now I reinstalled using the actual shaders, but anyway still none of the shaders work and still blinks my screen. Night eye don't work either *sigh* I'm just going to uninstall and wait for a fix or something and just use obge water (note that ain't a problem I did have it disabled before I loaded my game) But now I'm going to try to disable it as you said.

You could also try deleting your Oblivion.ini (located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion NOT in your game's Oblivion folder ... which will be called Oblivion_default.ini). After you've uninstalled OBGE and then deleted the ini close Oblivion completely and restart using OblivionLauncher.exe (even if you use OBSE ... what you're doing here is letting Oblivion reset your ini with default settings and rediscover your hardware). Close the game and retry installing OBGE full meal deal.

You could also try deleting your Oblivion.ini (located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion NOT in your game's Oblivion folder ... which will be called Oblivion_default.ini). After you've uninstalled OBGE and then deleted the ini close Oblivion completely and restart using OblivionLauncher.exe (even if you use OBSE ... what you're doing here is letting Oblivion reset your ini with default settings and rediscover your hardware). Close the game and retry installing OBGE full meal deal.

OBGE Full Meal Deal is what now? O.o Anyway I did all those things but whats full meal deal -.-

Sorry, my bad choice of words. When I say 'full meal deal' I mean the full install package. When you said:

I downloaded core originally then combined the shaders but then realised that was wrong and now I reinstalled using the actual shaders

my 'full meal deal' meant 'install the core and the shaders' after getting your Oblivion.ini back to a default state.

Sorry, my bad choice of words. When I say 'full meal deal' I mean the full install package. When you said:

I downloaded core originally then combined the shaders but then realised that was wrong and now I reinstalled using the actual shaders

my 'full meal deal' meant 'install the core and the shaders' after getting your Oblivion.ini back to a default state.

Man looks like it still don't work, but to begin with OBGE never did ask me to set a default shader and it says in the doc that it will ask you at "runtime"? I really dont want to uninstall this game again -_-

If uninstalling OBGE completely (the esp and all the shaders etc.) then deleting your Oblivion.ini and then restarting the game (to create a new Oblivion.ini with default settings and your hardware rediscovered) doesn't work you may have no other choice. If your Oblivion install directory is the default C:\Program Files\... or C:\Program Files (x86)\... then the Microsoft security feature UAC could be causing problems. It's designed to stop changes to programs installed in the Program Files directory. If you do decide to re-install the game use bben46's uninstall/re-install guide to get a correct and complete job done. Edited by Striker879