NPCs do not speak/no voice with certain mods

GoArmy

To start oblivion with OBSE enabled, you have to alter your shortcut to oblivion, to point to OBSE_Loader, instead of the standard oblivion.exe, or Oblivion Launcher.exe. If you use either of the last two to start the game, OBSE won't work, and neither will any OBSE plugins.

OK, the files should be in Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins. You should have these files inside Plugins:

Elys_USV.dll

Elys_USV.lip

Elys_USV.mp3

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dlx

and you may also have:

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.log

Pluggy - possible CTD on loading save.log

If you have any of those files elsewhere, or in a subfolder, it won't work. If you are using Windows 7 or Vista and Oblivion is in Program Files there is another issue that we can fix. Sometimes OBSE plugins can be a bit persnickety. There's a chance they became corrupted during all the moving around. Try extracting again,and put them in that location again, then restart the game, save once not writing over an autosave, quit game, and log back in. That might help.

I searched for the OBSE Elys Pluggy and found a download on Tesnexus. I downloaded it and extracted the files (OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll and OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dlx) and placed them in a new folder named "Plugins." I then extracted the other Elys files again and placed them in the same folder. The folder has all the files you mentioned above, except the .log or "pluggy." The folder is located in Oblivion/Data/obse_0200/ I loaded Oblivion up and it still didn't work lol the person's mouth doesn't move and the text zips by. Thank you for the further instruction but I still couldn't manage to get Elys working. Any other ideas?

Make sure you don't have the files obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe in your Data or obse_0200 folder. They belong in the Oblivion folder (the one your Data folder is in). They need to be in the same place as OblivionLoader.exe.

Most definitely makes a difference. You will need the three files obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll in your Oblivion folder. The file obse_loader.exe is only for the retail copy of the game. Once you have the three Steam version .dll files in the proper place you are done. No changes are required to how you start the game. The OBSE team worked with the Steam people and obse_steam_loader.dll was the result. A little more elegant than what's needed for the retail version (which only entails editing your desktop shortcut and replacing OblivionLoader.exe with obse_loader.exe).

Since you have Steam, you are in luck. Windows 7 64 bit has a rather paranoid security feature called UAC (User Account Controls) which can cause Windows to prevent many mods from working properly. It's very paranoid about scripting functions taking place in directories it protects. My guess is that you probably have Oblivion installed in Program Files, which is Steam's default. If it is there, you either need to give the whole Oblivion directory full permissions or better, you can move it to a location UAC doesn't mess with. Steam installations can be moved safely without needing to redownload, if you follow these steps: I recommend making a C:\Games\Oblivion or C:\Games\Steam folder if you have other Steam games. https://support.stea...php?p_faqid=231

Your mods and saves will be safe if you follow those instructions. Steam will update briefly, and you may have to re-enter your password, but that's it. It works.

For OBSE to work with Steam on Windows 7, you may need to enable Steam Community in-game in your Steam settings, if you don't have that option enabled. In the past I was told by them it is necessary, but not sure if it still is. It may have been a temporary workaround when they first managed to get OBSE working with Steam.

• 3 years later...