Ideas for Fallout 4 DLC

pitip

not holding my breath ... but more quest / RPG style DLC content is definitely needed. Seems FO4 is largely an open world FPS, don't get me wrong, there's clearly lots of thought and work that went into building the Commonwealth world set, it's just that Beth didn't let the player engage with it in a more meaningful way. Make more independent settlements like Goodneighbour which have interesting NPCs in them, or better yet have more 'companion NPC's' with quest lines that once complete you can make 'mayors' of settlements and from there they grow more quest lines based on your ingame choices up to that point.

but like I said ... not holding my breath for Beth to do it ... more likely to see the modding community take care of that as we seem to have way more love for the way an RPG is played, and replayed

Hell ... how cool would it be to be able to start 2 or 3 characters in one game world and have the effects / references to the world be persistent

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not holding my breath ... but more quest / RPG style DLC content is definitely needed. Seems FO4 is largely an open world FPS, don't get me wrong, there's clearly lots of thought and work that went into building the Commonwealth world set, it's just that Beth didn't let the player engage with it in a more meaningful way. Make more independent settlements like Goodneighbour which have interesting NPCs in them, or better yet have more 'companion NPC's' with quest lines that once complete you can make 'mayors' of settlements and from there they grow more quest lines based on your ingame choices up to that point.

but like I said ... not holding my breath for Beth to do it ... more likely to see the modding community take care of that as we seem to have way more love for the way an RPG is played, and replayed

Hell ... how cool would it be to be able to start 2 or 3 characters in one game world and have the effects / references to the world be persistent

But they have always made DLC that adds pretty much everything. From quests, lands, gear, chems to followers. And most of those dlc have a long storylines.

And FO4 is a legit RPG, you are hinting CRPG.

Edited by Boombro

Personally, I would say that Fallout 4 is a CRPG since it nearly meets like 97 or 98% of the prerequisites for one.

Edited by pitip

FO4 may be a legit RPG ... but it just feels like it's lost its soul a little. The quests do tend to largely have only one way to play out ... go to location X and kill everything. As much fun as FO4 makes that, it would just be cool to have more variety in the game, more ways to resolve quests, more legacy from your interaction with NPCs ... that's one thing I feel NewVegas did better ... because being able to see the world from more faction and character perspectives made the game richer for it.

FO4 may be a legit RPG ... but it just feels like it's lost its soul a little. The quests do tend to largely have only one way to play out ... go to location X and kill everything. As much fun as FO4 makes that, it would just be cool to have more variety in the game, more ways to resolve quests, more legacy from your interaction with NPCs ... that's one thing I feel NewVegas did better ... because being able to see the world from more faction and character perspectives made the game richer for it.

It does that better than Skyrim, have to admit. The very few good quests and npcs are really a step up. Hope they keep at it, would like more.

Bethesda is going to have a hard time making settlement packs I don't already have a mod for so I really hope they don't waste their time on that stuff. Real content is what I want from them. Stuff like Dead Money, or Big MT. An updated version of the Capital Wasteland effectively doubling the size of the map would be great

Bethesda is going to have a hard time making settlement packs I don't already have a mod for so I really hope they don't waste their time on that stuff. Real content is what I want from them. Stuff like Dead Money, or Big MT. An updated version of the Capital Wasteland effectively doubling the size of the map would be great

totally ... settlement packs would be a lazy way to do a DLC ... a new area to explore with new gear and settlement equipment would definitely be more fun to play ...esp as there's very little replay value in FO4 as it stands now