Spriggans

Jagermh

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want spriggans in TES V?

2. 2. Did you prefer TES 3's or TES 4's Spriggans

An equal distribution of naked barbarians of both genders would be the best compromise here, but the naked barbarians in the previous games have all been male so Bethesda might follow that tradition. :P

I passionately hate anything that is against me yet does not provide sufficient fight to be worthy of me wasting my time slicing them to itty bitty pieces. Im very much in the "hate it, kill it, burn it" camp for everything in Cyrodiil unless they can somehow improve on oblivion's pathetic lack of dificulty. I swear, a monkey could play it IV...

Cyrodiil just has too many nuisance critters and too little variety in the actualy dificult ones. Minotaurs. Minotaurs. Ogres. Minotaurs. Ogres. Ogres. Ogres. Minotaurs. Ogres. That's tyhe sum of the dificult "straight-fight" mods from Oblivion. The ones I cant atomise with a single swipe of my four metre long claymore, Long Division. More like that, or the option to make everything fight like a Space Marine, and I'll be happy, but if it's another mountain of "nuisance critters" then I'm going to stay away till mods for harder critters come about. Im a big dificulty masochist because I mod my characters to veryt high power levels, Glass Cannons, and thus the game gets very boring for me if the mobs are just too weak.

Actually, I find the minotaurs easy to defeat even on difficulty cranked to max. The attack pattern of minotaurs is too easy to learn. Compared to an ogre, man the ogres can leap at you. If you combine an ogre's attack power with the way he attacks, this makes them much more difficult than minotaurs. I do agree with you that there aren't many "actual dificult" mobs around in Cyrodiil.

I don't really care about them, what we do need is more naked (male) barbarians. :thumbsup:

Like in Solsthiem outside raven rock and in Mournhold where there is a naked barbarian in the middle of the gardens.

I passionately hate anything that is against me yet does not provide sufficient fight to be worthy of me wasting my time slicing them to itty bitty pieces. Im very much in the "hate it, kill it, burn it" camp for everything in Cyrodiil unless they can somehow improve on oblivion's pathetic lack of dificulty. I swear, a monkey could play it IV...

Cyrodiil just has too many nuisance critters and too little variety in the actualy dificult ones. Minotaurs. Minotaurs. Ogres. Minotaurs. Ogres. Ogres. Ogres. Minotaurs. Ogres. That's tyhe sum of the dificult "straight-fight" mods from Oblivion. The ones I cant atomise with a single swipe of my four metre long claymore, Long Division. More like that, or the option to make everything fight like a Space Marine, and I'll be happy, but if it's another mountain of "nuisance critters" then I'm going to stay away till mods for harder critters come about. Im a big dificulty masochist because I mod my characters to veryt high power levels, Glass Cannons, and thus the game gets very boring for me if the mobs are just too weak.

Actually, I find the minotaurs easy to defeat even on difficulty cranked to max. The attack pattern of minotaurs is too easy to learn. Compared to an ogre, man the ogres can leap at you. If you combine an ogre's attack power with the way he attacks, this makes them much more difficult than minotaurs. I do agree with you that there aren't many "actual dificult" mobs around in Cyrodiil.

I reckon that due to their size they have a disadvantage too great not to be exploited, Grumites are quite hard for me though (especially considering mine have 50 damage).

Edited by Jagermh

Well, most of my attacks are gruesome one-shot-kills, asare the mob's, buit Spriggans... filthy little greeny pests with short reach and slow attack speed, they dont even block! The only interesting thing would be if they exploded into gore on death or someting, but noooo, they just fall over with a thudd and lie there.

I like interesting things to fight. Short fights, but that require some actual thought, rather than a simple swipe of my massive blade that turns the poor little floral sod to mowed grass. And also, they have to be rewarding to kill, An important thing that game developers often overlook is making kills rewarding. This is easy to do, just make something interesting happen when you kill whatever iut is you're fighting. Dawn Of War II does it perfectly with hero units often doing spectacular "trophy kill" animations on slain enemy heroes, this gives you a sense of triumph, of "MY HERO IS BETTER THAN YOUR HERO!" It makes you want to confront them directly, and have a big swordfight because winning thjje swordfight gives you a real sense of victory.

Not such here, spriggans just flop like a sack ofd potatros, no gore, no satisfying screaming, and hilariously melodramatic death anaition, just thudd. And that makes them so uninteresting the kill that once you dont have to worry about them as a mortal threat, they become simply a boring obstacle that doesnt even die in an amusing way. I mean in WoW bashing lowbie Goblins to death never gets old because of the hilarious deaths they do, in Torchlight killing lowbie mobs is fun because they explode in spectacular showers of gore, which look hilarious when you gather a vast horde then instakill AOE it all to death at once. (try exploding 100 Zombies/Creepers at oncew, looks absolutely hilarious) Gotta die in a rewarding way! otherwise what's the point of fighting it if it does not bring you pleasure/satisfaction to kill.

Edited by Vindekarr

When they drop something that you need a lot of like amber/madness ore its good but while it should be rewarding to kill things sometimes the reward should be greater.

I've been finding powerful rings recently, while I do enjoy +25 hand to hand and 33% damage resist on one ring it doesn't help when I just found a 100% fire ring that uses the same slot and is now redundant.

Well, pray for them Jager. Pray for them.

Because when I meet something in the woods smaller than me, weaker than me, and that's chewing on my boney ankle, I swing around like only an evil god of badness can, and smite them with my rusty plaguescythe, Tetinus Maximus, which, soaked in the filth from Nurgle's kitchen floor, and tainted with the blood of a thousand slain Mudcrabs, amnmd sharp enough and rusty enough to cleave the very molecules of the air with the sound of bony fingernails on a chalkboard, shall sunder the Spriggan so soundly it flops over in a meaningless and unrewarding way, producing a noncommital Thudd and causing a nearby Bear to randomly disapear back into The Warp.

Jokes aside, spriggans are an annoyance and I really think that with a little work, they could be something much more. Like... maybe they could make trees in some way a resource, and chopping one down brings out angry, leveled greenpeace spriggans who attack you? Or maybe spriggans could be a wildcard, a powerful mob that could either side with or against you depending on prior decisions. Or maybe they could be a rare entity that casts a particularly datasrdly and long lasting hex, like a polymorph or something. Obviously, you'd have to limit them to tiny numbers or else you'd spend more time sheep than man, but hey, it's an idea.

Spriggans, they're creatures of nature, sworn to defend it, and the embodiment of Kynawhatsit. You've got a huge amount of material there for fun, like murderous anti-forestry rampages, polymorphing, or potential story telling significance.

And you know what they'll be in the end? little grass covered nobodies around the middle level that make a shrieky noise and summon equaly harmless black bears to their deaths.

Edited by Vindekarr

These creatures where almost as annoying as the adoring fan is, in Morrowind. In Oblivion, they did look better, but instead of a 3 x kill needed, they only summoned a bear. Mayby they can make it so that they will resurrect 3 times and summon a bear every time. That's 6 enemies you must defeat right there.

These creatures where almost as annoying as the adoring fan is, in Morrowind. In Oblivion, they did look better, but instead of a 3 x kill needed, they only summoned a bear. Mayby they can make it so that they will resurrect 3 times and summon a bear every time. That's 6 enemies you must defeat right there.

o god i forgot that they resurrected themselfs 3 times god i hate them. in oblivion they were meh

Edited by hector530

I just hope the 'everything is out to kill you all the time (except for Deers)' style is avoided. I would hope that NPC/Monster attitudes and aggressiveness alter depending on what you do. If Lore allows it, then worshipping a certain god that rules over them should make them neutral/friendly.

I know that mods will probably solve most problems anyway... so I'm not worrying too much about anything.

Edited by Olurum

I just hope the 'evertyhing is out to kill you all the time (except for Deers)' style is avoided. I would hope that NPC/Monster attitudes and aggressiveness alter depending on what you do. If Lore allows it, then worshipping a certain god that rules over them should make them neutral/friendly.

I know that mods will probably solve most problems anyway... so I'm not worrying too much about anything.

Hated the fact that there weren't any animals around other than hostile ones, Skyrim needs fish and birds.