HELP! Sanctuary is under attack

tomomi1922

How do you know he is a spy? Or that is part of your own roleplaying? Yes, sometimes the game does bust up your generator so you can get a quest to fix generator or build a new one. And they seem to give you very little time to do it too. Got a quest, decided to buy/sell something (right on the same settlement). 5 min later quest failed. Had to load save game, placed a generator right on my feet, quest passed.

There are literally synth spies. They infiltrate your settlements and then attack. There was a thread about this not long ago, probably only a couple pages back. There are a few mods that help you identify them.

Yep... and did you know that

Ghouls and Brahmin can be Synth Spies... so far I have had generators and crops damaged, not sure how a Brahmin did that!

Ha, I did know that. It's pretty hilarious. I haven't found one yet though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran accros one to, searching for ages, once i loaded in there were a few synths attacking, one settler got taken care of by the turrets and Dogmeat but the message kept saying under attack. Searched everywhere untill finally i got fed up and installed D13 synth recognizer mod. As soon as i powered the trap the brahmin was toast lol.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/gilibran/brahmin%20synth_zpssbkusldq.png

What if the so-called synth spies are largely refugees trying to start a new life from scratch after getting railroaded. Then the whole Commonwealth shoots itself in the foot just because of a stupid propaganda and the fear that leads to hate that comes thereof.

Edited by Jasemyne

What if the so-called synth spies are largely refugees trying to start a new life from scratch after getting railroaded. Then the whole Commonwealth shoots itself in the foot just because of a stupid propaganda and the fear that leads to hate that comes thereof.

The problem with that theory is the they destroy resources and sow discontent. They're the reason you sometimes find things destroyed in your settlements even when there hasn't been an attack. They're the reason your settlement's happiness goes down even though it shouldn't. They're also known for suddenly going nutzoid and attacking other settlers.

They're Institute spies, not on the up-and-up.

It would be cool if this were true. Or, even if you could rescue some through the Railroad missions and send them to your settlements. But, unfortunately it seems they're just bad guys.

I send them all to the Red Rocket settlement where I don't have a single thing built. Then after I've collected a few I just go up there and mini nuke the whole place. I might just make a spy only settlement and make them work crops or something. Then they're at least making me money, and I won't build anything special for them to destroy.

Edited by Evil D

It would be cool if this were true. Or, even if you could rescue some through the Railroad missions and send them to your settlements. But, unfortunately it seems they're just bad guys.

I send them all to the Red Rocket settlement where I don't have a single thing built. Then after I've collected a few I just go up there and mini nuke the whole place. I might just make a spy only settlement and make them work crops or something. Then they're at least making me money, and I won't build anything special for them to destroy.

Did anyone have a method to know for sure who is a spy? I went with the method to check with VATS to see who has high energy resistance. Found one, shot him, and an entire settlement turned on me. Reloaded. I took him to Red Rocket, shot him. Found nothing special on him other than what I gave him. So maybe I have killed the wrong people?

We don't know who's a spy among settlers and even if there's anything new at all to nose out in the tiny little settlements with always the same setup. Im afraid, a piece of plastic in the loot is not to be confused with a spy report to the SRB. Of course there are infiltrators out there busy with surveillance, but these guys are already brought into leading positions since long to control or, at least, to manipulate the population according to the actual Institute agenda, largely performed by Dr Zimmer's SRB (the guy I killed as the Lone Wanderer in cold blood back then in Rivet City), actually represented by Dr. 'Death Squad' Ayo (the Institute is seemingly not aware of Zimmer's death and expects his return). We have mods that identify synths among the settlers, but the identification of a synth as a spy only because he/she is a synth is pure propaganda. Wonder who has established that silly propaganda. For the time being and unless proven otherwise I think this is Bethesda propaganda *g*

We don't know who's a spy among settlers and even if there's anything new at all to nose out in the tiny little settlements with always the same setup. Im afraid, a piece of plastic in the loot is not to be confused with a spy report to the SRB. Of course there are infiltrators out there busy with surveillance, but these guys are already brought into leading positions since long to control or, at least, to manipulate the population according to the actual Institute agenda, largely performed by Dr Zimmer's SRB (the guy I killed as the Lone Wanderer in cold blood back then in Rivet City), actually represented by Dr. 'Death Squad' Ayo (the Institute is seemingly not aware of Zimmer's death and expects his return). We have mods that identify synths among the settlers, but the identification of a synth as a spy only because he/she is a synth is pure propaganda. Wonder who has established that silly propaganda. For the time being and unless proven otherwise I think this is Bethesda propaganda *g*

You mean some of the settlers who came to us are synth without knowing? Like those who had their memory wiped and joined the population thinking they are normal human being? This begs a question, does synth know he is a synth (after memory wipe)?