Mod's reloading

Kizd

Hey everyone,

I've have a lot of mods installed on my Oblivion, but a few days ago I decided I wanted to return to the way it was. No mods except for the GOTY edition ones. Some of the mods I could disable, but a few of them needed to remain on. I thought "Oh well, I'll just ignore their content." But recently I installed a mod that broke Oblivion. But I really didn't mind, it was the perfect excuse to uninstall oblivion and reinstall it. The way it was.

When I first uninstalled and reinstalled it, it still had all of the mods! I was like wth! But then it hit me. I was using the Oblivion Mod Manager and had all of the mods still activated, so when Oblivion was newly installed, Oblivion Mod Manager added them to my game.

This wasn't the case. I uninstalled Oblivion Mod Manager, deleted all the mods I didn't like (I DID decide to keep a few that I had downloaded :P) and moved the ones I did want to keep into a new folder. I uninstalled oblivion once again, and reinstalled it. It still has all those mods! If anyone could help me get Oblivion to the way it was, It would be greatly appreciated. This game breaking error forced me to use a save that I haven't played on for a week or so. Not a long time, but I lost a few of my items and levels.

Edit: I am using the steam version of Oblivion: GOTY edition

Edited by Kizd

The uninstaller doesn't clean up well after itself. It only removes content that the original installer put there. If you want a CLEAN install, run the uninstaller, then DELETE the install folder, and the one in My Games. Empty recycle bin, reboot, run a registry cleaner (CCleaner works pretty good), reboot again, THEN reinstall, and add only the mods you want. (Like the unofficial patches.....)

Thanks for posting that, I appreciate it. Just for future reference, does anyone know why my mods were reinstalled?

EDIT (again): I started typing this before the above post was made. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Kizd