Help with having Guards react to armor added by mod.

FranklinZunge

I am making an update to a mod I made a while ago called Brigandage. It adds a bunch of new armors I made to the game and to the Bandit's leveled lists. I have some new armors and I just generally want to polish it up.

I noticed in the game while wearing Studded Armor, Guards will sometimes say, "You wear the armor of a Brigand, better not cause any trouble on my watch." Which would be perfect for my armors.

I also looked to see if they had any other dialogues. When you wear ancient Nord armor, they'll say, "That armor smells like death, have you been grave robbing?," and when you where Banded Iron, they'll say "You are wearing the armor of a mercenary, now thats the life." If you are a werewolf, but in Human form, they can say "Uch. Been tending your hounds? You smell like a wet dog." Hide Armor, "Some advice, friend. That armor won't offer much protection in a real fight"

I am wondering how to get them to say stuff for my modded armors. I went to studded armor and did "use info" in the ck and I found the INFO entry, but thats really not the type of thing I have really messed with before. When I open up " Dialogue Guards; General" it doesn't really allow me to do anything and I wouldn't know what to do if it did.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by FranklinZunge

The place you're looking for is inside the quest DialogueGuardsGeneral under the Misc tab. This is where the "hellos" are, the dialogue that doesn't require the player to talk to them first. If you're wanting them to say the same line as one of the existing lines, I'd suggest copying the line (topic) you want and modifying the copy. Modify it by double clicking it to bring up the topic window. Double click the GetEquipped function and change the item to one of your new armors. I've not done this exactly myself, so it may require something more, but that should be all you need if you want guards to say one of the existing lines (like "you wear the armor of a brigand"). If you have your own voice acting, start here. Then you basically just replace the voice parts with your own new voices.

There's probably a way to do this with keywords too, by putting keywords on all the armor pieces that the misc topic would recognize, but I'm not positive on how to do that. Some more info on the misc tab is here.

Sadly for that, you need to edit guard dialogues conditions and add your armors in the line conditiion.

Example for iron armors conditions are :

- GetEquipped ArmorIronBandedCuirass = 1 /or

- GetEquipped ArmorIronCuirass = 1

You will just nedd to add :

or/

- "All your iron armors"

Edited by TheFirstEnD

Sadly for that, you need to edit guard dialogues conditions and add your armors in the line conditiion.

Example for iron armors conditions are :

- GetEquipped ArmorIronBandedCuirass = 1 /or

- GetEquipped ArmorIronCuirass = 1

You will just nedd to add :

or/

- "All your iron armors"

Ok thanks I found it. I am just wondering When there is one armor such as Studded armor it says

-getequipped armorstuddedcuirass = 1 /AND

and then other things related to voices. so should I put all my stuff above it and leave that the same or should I change the studded armor to /OR too?

Don't touch the original topic that controls the studded armor "brigand" line. Make a copy of it, then replace the armorstuddedcuirass with one of your armors in that copy. If you just right click and copy the topic it will duplicate it. Editing the original could cause problems and compatibility problems for any mods that also edit that topic. You don't need to change anything else on it (or shouldn't, I'm pretty sure). You can repeat the duplication process and change the getequipped item to each piece you want it to activate on (I'd just do chest pieces like vanilla does).

Edited by Veltoss