Was Wondering

Zerotix

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I use OBMM for everything. The ReadMe said to switch it over to Redirection instead of alteration, so I did that, but it didnt work. I tried as many settings as I could with the AI settings. It doesn't wanna load lol

EDIT: I'll try that now Hickory.

EDIT2: And it didn't work :/

Did you remember to edit your oblivion.ini? This entry:

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Do the AI settings in OBMM matter if I use AI Invalidated?

You should not really need AI Invalidated provided you leave the OBMM settings at default, ie. BSA Redirection. If you have previously used Alteration (never use Alteration) then you may have permanently altered bsa files and may have to resort to a reinstall. However, it doesn't hurt to use both. I do.

You should not really need AI Invalidated provided you leave the OBMM settings at default, ie. BSA Redirection. If you have previously used Alteration (never use Alteration) then you may have permanently altered bsa files and may have to resort to a reinstall. However, it doesn't hurt to use both. I do.

Oh I don't mind reinstalling the game at all. I just want this to work xD

So should I try reinstalling everything again and installing ONLY the Texture Pack? I did this the first time but the ReadMe that came with the mod told me to switch the AI settings to Alteration.

Or should I reinstall the game and use the ArchiveInvalid Invalidated? Give me a step by step on how I should install Qarl's and the order I should install mods (I would like to use the Unofficial Patch as well).

Edited by Zerotix

Oh I don't mind reinstalling the game at all. I just want this to work xD

So should I try reinstalling everything again and installing ONLY the Texture Pack? I did this the first time but the ReadMe that came with the mod told me to switch the AI settings to Alteration.

Or should I reinstall the game and use the ArchiveInvalid Invalidated?

The readme for QTP is outdated, as is the BSA Alteration method.

If you reinstall the game, install any official patches first after install, then the UOP and Supplementals, and then QTP3. Once you have installed QTP3 install ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated. And one important note: do NOT install the game to the default UAC protected 'Program Files' folder. Install it to somewhere like C:\Games\Oblivion.

Ah, the only thing I missed there was that the instructions were outdated. I didn't know that. I must have altered the files, making everything else I did useless xD

Okay I'm in the process of installing my game again. Don't worry, partitioning my drive to be my game mule was the first thing I did when I installed Windows haha

I'll post again with the results.

Okay so I installed the game.

Then I updated it and installed SI+Addons.

Installed the Unofficial Patch, along with OBMM, BOSS, and OBSE.

Then I Immediately extracted the textures from the Qarls Pack, installed the patch that came with it.

Installed the AI Invalidated and my Oblivion.ini looks like this:

[Archive]

SMasterMiscArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Misc.bsa

SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName2=Oblivion - Voices2.bsa

SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName1=Oblivion - Voices1.bsa

SMasterSoundsArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Sounds.bsa

SMasterTexturesArchiveFileName1=Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa

SMasterMeshesArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

I started up the game and the prison cell looks no different. Same Vanilla textures :/