Was Wondering

Zerotix

The ad's that pop up in the download links scare the crap out of me.

Okay so it seemed to work. The textures for those meats arent that great to begin with, but it DID change them. I didn't do anything to the ArchiveInvalidated file. I simply installed the OMOD. Hold on let me get a screenshot:

http://i54.tinypic.com/24g24uo.jpg

Edited by Zerotix

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! We have now established that this install of Oblivion can recognize new textures. That rules out some driver and Windows issues I had wondered about. I think it's time to install QTP3. Personally, I like the full version, and used the OMOD but you might rather use Redimized. I'm holding my breath here. Good luck!

You might want to screenshot before and after invalidation, too.

Okay so I used the OMOD that I made from the redimized version which consists of textures and meshes only. They're sitting in the right place, but alas, they made no change to the game. So the texture pack is installed, now what? What setting must I change to get it to activate?

Did you do any archive invalidation yet? It's normal for QTP3 not to show up until then. Try Hickory's advice now but let's use the default settings in OBMM first this time. The suspense here is whether you are one of those people that redirection doesn't work for. They do exist, but I don't think anyone knows why.Again crossing my fingers. I don't use Archive Invalidation Invalidated myself but Hickory knows what he's doing so if he says he uses both, it's alright to do that.

Did you do any archive invalidation yet? It's normal for QTP3 not to show up until then. Try Hickory's advice now but let's use the default settings in OBMM first this time. The suspense here is whether you are one of those people that redirection doesn't work for. They do exist, but I don't think anyone knows why.Again crossing my fingers. I don't use Archive Invalidation Invalidated myself but Hickory knows what he's doing so if he says he uses both, it's alright to do that.

No I didn't wanna touch it because I didn't wanna do any permanent damage xD

Should I do:

Utilities > Archive Invalidation > Update Now then run the game?

Or is there something in the Oblivion.ini I have to change?

Just run it since you are not yet using Archive Invalidation Invalidated. You want the default settings in OBMM, redirection. Then use Update Now. Then quit OBMM because it does not actually do the work until you close it.

sArchiveList=..\obmm\BSARedirection.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Thats what it looks like in my Oblivion.ini after clicked "Update Now." I'm following every direction precisely, but the game just does not want to load this mod for some reason. I'm gonna head to bed. I'm tired, and if I still feel as frustrated as I do right now in the morning, I'll uninstall until Skyrim comes out.

Ack, wait. I'm so sorry, I really thought we had it nailed down this time. Get some good sleep, think of something relaxing before you sleep because it affects dreams. We did make significant progress because the meat worked. That should be enough to tell someone here what is wrong. Don't give up.

sArchiveList=..\obmm\BSARedirection.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Thats what it looks like in my Oblivion.ini after clicked "Update Now." I'm following every direction precisely, but the game just does not want to load this mod for some reason. I'm gonna head to bed. I'm tired, and if I still feel as frustrated as I do right now in the morning, I'll uninstall until Skyrim comes out.

Do not use OBMM for anything other than creating and installing OMODs with the one exception of extracting and creating .bsa files. ALWAYS leave OBMM at it's default settings, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS close OBMM after installing/uninstalling any mods and certainly before running Oblivion -- do not use the Launch Oblivion button. OBMM is old, outdated and utterly and totally useless for anything other than the aforementioned two uses. You WILL have problems with mods if you keep OBMM open. You seem like a knowledgable type, so my advice to you is to take the time to install and learn Wrye Bash and it's BAIN installer.