The Official Waiting-for-the-Patch Thread

ccronin

Meh, I'm not gonna get the patch. I'm satisfied with NV as it currently is and probably won't patch until they release a DLC that enables play after the main quest a la Broken Steel.

Ubfortunly Obsidian and Bethesda have already announced that none of the DLC will enables play after main quest as Broken Steel did.

yeap i would love to march with the legion to Shady sands, or Give freedom to the waste with NCR ( freedom for the people of the waste play tax of course :devil:) or help Dr

Mr House to spread his control and prove that general Oliver don't have Lupus! or help Yes Man to boot his sister Sky net...

so maybe to much scenarios possibilities for a single DLC....

Guess I won't be getting any DLC then!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not like having your game patched, just simply do what I have been doing since October last year.

Copy/Paste your entire FNV folder to your documents and leave it there as a back-up.

(I even back up FNV each week to 1x back up computer and 2x external hard-drives as well as on mediafire as zipped files, and that's several back-ups for FNV for different months since it's release).

Now when when your game gets patched and it screws you from being able to play your game for whatever reason, just replace the whole folder that was updated with the backup folder and make sure that you set Steam to offline mode before even launching the game.

Now you can go back to playing your game the way you did before the patch, until all issues have been figured out with it.

I even run two steam with one FNV folder in each.

My Online Steam with a pure vanilla FNV data folder and a offline Steam with my custom FNV data folder.

I simply just renamed the online Steam folder to Steam(Online) and leave it unless I want to log on to download a new DLC for FNV.

When I do that, I re-name the folder from Steam(Online) to Steam and I download the DLC and then log-off Steam and re-name the folder back to Steam(Online) while renaming my Offline Steam folder back to just Steam.

Then I copy paste my newly downloaded DLC to my offline FNV data folder and play it.

(If you play other games on Steam and need to be online, just use the Online Steam folder for that and leave the Offline Steam folder offline, that way nothing will be updated to it and thus leaving your FNV game alone, unchanged and in peace).

Also I run 3GB enabler, so steam does not even have to be loaded when launching FNV through FOMM.

I also have every patch there is backed-up and I am atm running still patch 1.2.0.314 because the Enabler has not been updated to the last patch.

But my game works very well, running on 125x mods and no lag, even with Custom Zombie Apocalypse and IWS.

Funny thing is the Vault Wiki states that DLC require certain patches but they do not.

Dead Money requires the patch after the one I am using but I have already played Dead Money through twice and running on a outdated patch.

Its no different from a mod really, just copy paste the DLC ( esm, BSA files, NAM file and whatever else the DLC came with when it was downloaded) from the online FNV folder to your offline FNV folder and enable it in launcher or FOMM and play it.

If anyone wants/needs older patches for their FNV game, I have them backed-up and can upload them to my mediadire account for download, just let me know if you do.

P.S: If you make any mod changes to your FNV folder, just make sure to update your back-up folder as well, so that nothing is missing in-game when you revert back to your back up FNV folder.

Example: If you modify a mod like I do on a daily basis with Zombie Apocalypse or whatever, just update what you changed in your backed-up folder by copying the updated esp or esm over etc...

Additionally, this here may not be a good suggestion to those who constantly download new mods that depend on NVSE and require it's latest version.

I just know that what I run modwise is good enough and does not require NVSE past 1.6 and I have more then enough mods now that last me a lifetime of gameplay.

Edited by enclave1488