Windows 10 Problems

ThD17gj692

I use WIn 10 with Skyrim and have few problems. But that's because in despair I discovered and use a bit of (free) software called "Process Hacker 2" by Wen Jia Liu. This little gem allows me to clear the system cache and free space for 32 bit applications. Win 10 is totally borked for 32bit applications because of it's idiot-designed compression layer - but being able to clear the cache manually means I can prepare a largely clean layer to load the game in. OK, I do get the very occasional CTD but the game generally works well. I seriously considered going back to Win 7 but this programme saved me the bother.

Win 10 is supposed (ha hah hahhh) to manage the compressed cache for 32 bit programmes - but it just does not. It is total (I agree) cr*p. So if you are stuck with using Win 10, try Process Hacker.

Like anyone else I keep Skyrim out of the x86 programme folders. I've not experience any issues with MO or FNIS, SKSE or any other part of the Skyrim world. They all seem OK.

I pray some enlightened person at MS will actively do something about the 32 bit (and DirectX 9) mess. They have been informed, complaints filed, but do they care? Doubt it.

• 4 months later...