No Shivering Isles

That's what I thought.... :D

Try this:

Uninstall the game using the setup.exe on the oblivion disk. (disk 1)

Delete the oblivion install folder, AND the one in My Games. (back up your saves first, if ya wanna keep 'em)

Re-install oblivion, but, when it asks you WHERE, tell it C:\Games\Oblivion.

Install both disks, start new game, save it once, exit it out, but your old saves back into the now created saves folder..... Fire up the game, load the save of your choice, and see if things don't improve.

Edited by HeyYou

Try this:

Delete the oblivion install folder, AND the one in My Games. (back up your saves first, if ya wanna keep 'em)

Install both disks, start new game, save it once, exit it out, but your old saves back into the now created saves folder..... Fire up the game, load the save of your choice, and see if things don't improve.

when you say delete the install folder do you mean the one in (x86)?

Try this:

Yes. Uninstall the game, and delete directories.

Try this:

Yes. Uninstall the game, and delete directories.

Could I move the data folder to a temp, un-installing, re-installing, then moving the data folder back over(so I dont have to go through the pain of installing all my mods again)?

Try this:

No dice. The island STILL isnt there... I really dont understand what could be causing this :( I might just have to except not playing SI...

Edited by powerlessmutant

Try this:

No dice. The island STILL isnt there... I really dont understand what could be causing this :( I might just have to except not playing SI...

You might need to go through the whole uninstall/reinstall thing again, this time following Bben's reinstall procedure, here >>>

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

Sometimes stuff gets left behind in the registry, even if you've followed the 'proper' uninstall procedure. This can affect reinstalls in unpredictable ways. Unless you have a corrupt disk you should have no problems with the GOTY edition, and you'd expect a corrupt disk to invoke an on-screen error message during the installation (and yes, don't put it in Program Files :smile: )

Edited by roquefort

You cannot overwrite you data folder. Doing so simply re-introduces the problem you had, when trying to install things with the game in the Program Files directory. "normal" mods will install ok, as they simply ADD files to the data folder, SI, on the other hand, directly modifies the oblivion.esm, several bsa files, and oblivion.exe. UAC doesn't really care for that. (which I think is the root of your problem in any event.) Reinstall the game. Don't add any mods yet. Check in-game, to see if the island shows up.