Strange Lighting Stutter

So, I know many of you are going to look at the title of this topic and think "Oh, another person complaining because their computer can't take the game". Not so much, though maybe. No, what I'm having problems with is some sort of lighting-based stuttering. It happens when I look at Aylied doors, some reflective surfaces (but not others), and a few other sources. At other times, the game runs perfectly, with no stuttering or lag, on a fairly high-end computer. Playing around with the Oblivion.ini, I noticed that switching bFullBrightLighting=0 to 1 seems to do the trick. I've tried using light flicker removing mods, Streamline, Oblivion Stutter Removal, and even a few different lighting mods and nothing's helped thus far. For the moment I'm playing with bFullBrightLighting=1, but it makes the game horrible looking, and really destroys any immersion that I would normally get. Please help?

I'm playing on a Dell computer, on Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service Pack 2

Intel Core 2 CPU, 6300 @ 1.86GHz

1.86 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro graphics card...

Did you install the latest Catalyst and drivers? A lot of people, myself included, have had issues with it. I am using 11.2 without problems.

Here's an excerpt from Koroush Ghazi's Oblivion Tweak Guide that explains what the bFullBrightLighting ini entry is for:

Update: The following two new graphics variables were added to Oblivion.ini as of the 1.1 Patch, likely the settings which are enabled when 'Very Low Quality' mode is chosen for older graphics cards:

bFullBrightLighting=0 - If set to 1, alters the global lighting method to one which is far less detailed and doesn't use complex shaders, hence is much less strenuous for older cards. The results are graphically unpleasant as most textures look terrible, and there will be some graphical glitches, but this should allow older cards to run Oblivion more smoothly.

Here's an excerpt from Koroush Ghazi's Oblivion Tweak Guide that explains what the bFullBrightLighting ini entry is for:

Update: The following two new graphics variables were added to Oblivion.ini as of the 1.1 Patch, likely the settings which are enabled when 'Very Low Quality' mode is chosen for older graphics cards:

bFullBrightLighting=0 - If set to 1, alters the global lighting method to one which is far less detailed and doesn't use complex shaders, hence is much less strenuous for older cards. The results are graphically unpleasant as most textures look terrible, and there will be some graphical glitches, but this should allow older cards to run Oblivion more smoothly.

Yeah, it's a strong possibility that my graphics card was having trouble with some lights because it wasn't updated. Eitherway, it's a handy setting to have around, for older PCs and for troubleshooting both :D