(WIP) MK14 EBR

dazzerfong

March? Damn so far... :sad:

Just for you, it's now April. :)

Just kidding

I've been trying out different colours now: my favourite seems to be the Navy Seal Grey version. Don't even know why it's used IRL, but hey, I'm no operator. When this thing gets released I'll probably release templates so modders can implement their own camo/colour without butchering the PBR setup.

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/1151/1287472-1455602689.jpg

Note: that armour is not for release yet. Not even close, so don't ask me about it please.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought about adding weapon mods that would control the color scheme/paint job through material swaps? This way you could include several alternative versions that could be changed in the game instead of having just a single version. Or you could at least build the frame for it into the .esp, so that it could be expanded by those tho'd wish to make new textures.

Edited by Junnari

Have you thought about adding weapon mods that would control the color scheme/paint job through material swaps? This way you could include several alternative versions that could be changed in the game instead of having just a single version. Or you could at least build the frame for it into the .esp, so that it could be expanded by those tho'd wish to make new textures.

Perhaps, but I'm lazy. I'm looking into the Silver SMG to see how it's done.

It's pretty much easiest thing to do in terms of weapon mods. Simply make a mod that has a material swap property set for it, make another material where you define the used textures,and make a material swap form where you define a material to replace and what it's replaced with. You can have it set for any mod, though adding a new mod keyword (like ap_melee_Material "Material" [KYWD:001A001E] that's used for the baseball bat) for the weapon to add a new mod slot is the best option.

Basically all it needs: http://imgur.com/r0cSGD5

Perhaps, but I'm lazy. I'm looking into the Silver SMG to see how it's done.

Thanks for the tip! I'm more concerned right now with why I can't add another mod slot with a custom keyword. Hell, I even duplicated an SMG and all its mods, and changed all the mods to a random keyword and the same slot is still missing every time (the mag). Any ideas?

Are the MNAM keywords (such as ma_DoubleBarrelShotgun [KYWD:00188A1C]) matching between the weapon form and the mod?

Did you add the mod slot's APPR keyword (such as ap_melee_MeleeMod "Upgrade" [KYWD:0005524C]) to the weapon itself, or the receiver?

Have you set the constructible object forms for it properly?

Screenshots of the weapon form, magazine mod form and a receiver mod form could help with narrowing the cause of the issue.

Are the MNAM keywords (such as ma_DoubleBarrelShotgun [KYWD:00188A1C]) matching between the weapon form and the mod?

Did you add the mod slot's APPR keyword (such as ap_melee_MeleeMod "Upgrade" [KYWD:0005524C]) to the weapon itself, or the receiver?

Have you set the constructible object forms for it properly?

Screenshots of the weapon form, magazine mod form and a receiver mod form could help with narrowing the cause of the issue.

Works now, I just needed to assign a name to the keywords. Strange that when I assign a vanilla keyword, it doesn't work, but eh.......