The Witcher 2 coming to consoles

Retribution

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then this won't be as funny as it used to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Ju8WVY2a4&feature=related

THE BARD: Saviors of Queens.

This game is an ultimate answer towards all the players that always wanted easy, short and fun adventure. There's no violence, no complex storyline and definitely no morality. It's a really short game (no more than 2 hours of gameplay with autoplay feature on the easiest difficulty setting) that will not burden you with anything gameplay-related.

Let desire, wine and music guide you!

This.

Dragon Age 2 anyone?

And what? I've played DA2 and I saw nothing that is dumbed down and unless my eyes deceive me (which they don't) there saw tons of things that were improved upon the first and can be expanded upon in the near future. Besides ACII is more pretty and also a multi-platform game, which people still love.

Why shouldn't a company expand their business? Do you think that they can stay afloat in this day and age with only small pc sells? Yes, TW2 will be a huge improvement from TW, but can they make the money to recoup the costs of production? Besides, they made this engine console friendly unlike the first one, which was the main reason why TW never made it into consoles (yes TW was going to have console port :ohmy: ). Stop living in your romanised imagination that CTRED are some Indy developer from Europe that cares for art; they are a huge company which also translated games to Eastern European audiences. They care for their buttom line and as a fan so should you. A real fan would want them to expand and to bring more fans into the franchise to share.

What I have seen, it is that some fans of the series are really self-absorbed to their pcs and that when a company decides to expand, they get all freaked out about it. When some criticises TW, they get all freaked out about it. Even when I defend the company for expaning their business, they get all freaked out about it. Guys, this isn't your game. You only own the licence to use it, they can still take it off you if you abuse it. And also, why does everyone I see compare TW2 to DA2, they are two very different games with different engines and different RPGs altogether. It's also worth noting in the future that all DA2 discussions are to be made in the DA2 fourms and not here.

Edited by brokenergy

Nothing dumbed down?

Let me give a rather LARGE exemple. The world. In DA1 it had the whole map you could go to and in DA2 4 Main locations.

I totally understand you TheReverendTholomewPlague, i hope it wont be consolised like DA2 and Crysis 2 were.

You compare an entire city against an enitre world? Have you compaired Denerim, Redcliffe or Amaranthine to Kirkwall? I assume you didn't. Kirkwall was a massive improvement to those three. You also didn't know that the friendship and rivalry system is also a step up from approval and disapproval and that the skill tree is now web based rather than a to b to c? You also didn't know that BioWare made a texture pack just for high-end PC users only when DA2 was released? What does this say about DA2 and BioWare? Hmm?

And to top it off, it is now stated that TW2 isn't DX11 compatible and there isn't talk about a tool-set, both of these are important to the pc crowd. So what does this say about them?

Crysis 2 did a pretty damn nice job graphic wise for DX9!

What is dumbed down is the gameplay, textures, amount of weapons, Multiplayer ect.

I can live without DX 11, i just hope they wont tone down the whole word like Bio did in DA2.

For what i have seen so far TW2 looks gorgeous. I just hope they wont limit the game overall for the consoles.