IE9 (internet explorer) problem on nexus sites

chikawowwow

Hi,

Since downloading IE9 all pop-ups from the nexus site go to the bottom of the page rather than where they were before, such as the tracking bar at the top or for rating files etc. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't really want to go back to using IE8 and won't use the other browsers as my anti-virus doesn't plug into them. Other than this it's all working fine and seems to be a lot quicker with this browser.

Thanks

I'm not having that problem. I just checked and "Compatibility View" is not specifically enabled for tesnexus.com

Hold the ALT key down to see the menu appear at the top, click Tools to see the Compatibility View settings.

My version of IE is 9.0.8112.16421

I'm running IE9 on one rig, other browsers on others, and haven't seen any specific problems yet. I did do a full flush of the cache and logged-off/-on (of all the Nexus sites) after installing IE9, but that's it

That repositioning of the browser's "informational messages" to the bottom of the window is an IE9 thing. Same thing happens with the "File Download - What do you want to do?" dialogue box. afaik, it's not controllable by the site, (but it might be adjustable as a client setting...?)

I suggest (like evilneko) to get an Anti-Virus that supports other browsers than Internet Explorer (As IE isn't the best on Security).

Take a look at the list LHammonds and I have put together on the Wiki for an Anti-Virus that suits you.

And as for Browsers; as of now, I suggest Mozilla Firefox, as it's newest version, 4.0.1 runs great, with all the customization you need and top security! :)

Thanks for the replies, I've got it sorted now by putting it into 'Compatibility View' for this site and it's all good.

The AV I'm using is Checkpoints 'ZoneAlarm', I have tried to use it on Safari but the plug-in parts don't seem to be passed over to it, such as: automatic virus scanning of all downloads and the site status bar that will warn you if the site has been flagged. I know it's probably not the best AV you can get but it fits what I want from an AV and the program controls it gives you are brilliant. It probably would work on Safari/FF/Chrome but when it comes to networking or browers I am completely hopeless lol.

Thanks again for your help

Browser-integration for scanning downloads is really redundant, as your AV's real time monitor will scan all files anyway upon creation, write, read, and/or execute.

Scanning for malicious scripts and such on webpage is somewhat different, though doing it through a browser plugin is a very poor method of doing so.