Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

Not sure what Bethesda has done but almost all mods like CBBE or any of the CBBE related mods no longer work, even after uninstalling them fully, then reinstalling them. Texture mods no longer work or any of the weapon related mods that add scratch built weapons and retextured vanilla weapons etc. Most of the settlement related mods also do not work. Hell, let's just basically say hardly any mods work. Its as if Bethesda has intentionally blocked mods. INI related mods like the Jetpack tweak or quick hack seems to work as usual. Not sure how to really feel about this but I'm done with Fallout 4 until they fix it or the DLC comes out. I've already finished all scenarios anyway so other than playing it mods, there is no more reason for me to play it. Thanks for the mod cock block B.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34109835.

SkyrimGamer74 wrote: Not sure what Bethesda has done but almost all mods like CBBE or any of the CBBE related mods no longer work, even after uninstalling them fully, then reinstalling them. Texture mods no longer work or any of the weapon related mods that add scratch built weapons and retextured vanilla weapons etc. Most of the settlement related mods also do not work. Hell, let's just basically say hardly any mods work. Its as if Bethesda has intentionally blocked mods. INI related mods like the Jetpack tweak or quick hack seems to work as usual. Not sure how to really feel about this but I'm done with Fallout 4 until they fix it or the DLC comes out. I've already finished all scenarios anyway so other than playing it mods, there is no more reason for me to play it. Thanks for the mod cock block B.

mods work fine, all my mods work perfectly.
just make sure your plugins.txt is read only at all times.
and your ini files too ofcourse.. Edited by Guest

In response to post #34107225.

Augusta Calidia wrote: In the past I waited at least a year before buying and playing a Bethesda RPG. This time I did not. I decided I would suffer with everyone else. I waited a month after Fallout 4 came out and then took the plunge.

The result? Fallout 4 has turned out to be the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. I have logged almost 200 hours of game play, and I have not experienced one single CTD. I have 32 mods installed via NMM, organize with LOOT, launch with F4SE, and run the game with ultra settings. I installed the beta patch (now out of beta) when it was first made available. The patch improved game play and graphics and was never a problem.

Thank you, Bethesda, for such a stable and fun game.

You are either very lucky, or very untruthful. Edited by Roguer

In response to post #34108205.

RetroBabe wrote: Ok so now Mods like Spring Cleaning,Scrap Everything dont work anymore ,Trash i could remove before the Patch worked ,now Bethesda seems to lock that all again ,i had a Total reset of all my Settlements ,all i removed is BACK.
Bethesda sorry but i hate ya :(

mods work fine, all my mods work perfectly.
just make sure your plugins.txt is read only at all times.
and your ini files too ofcourse.. Edited by Guest

In response to post #34107225. #34110340 is also a reply to the same post.

Augusta Calidia wrote: In the past I waited at least a year before buying and playing a Bethesda RPG. This time I did not. I decided I would suffer with everyone else. I waited a month after Fallout 4 came out and then took the plunge.

The result? Fallout 4 has turned out to be the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. I have logged almost 200 hours of game play, and I have not experienced one single CTD. I have 32 mods installed via NMM, organize with LOOT, launch with F4SE, and run the game with ultra settings. I installed the beta patch (now out of beta) when it was first made available. The patch improved game play and graphics and was never a problem.

Thank you, Bethesda, for such a stable and fun game.
Roguer wrote: You are either very lucky, or very untruthful.

Very lucky for sure..

In response to post #34071015. #34071450, #34071620, #34071680, #34072505, #34072540, #34072595, #34073190, #34073450, #34073500, #34074510, #34084490, #34084545, #34085065, #34088565, #34089440, #34090300, #34091345, #34091585, #34092545, #34092940, #34093350, #34093820, #34094175, #34095430, #34104600 are all replies on the same post.

Nordland1 wrote: For me, this fixed the CTD!

(I got CTD 5-10 seconds after the game started.)

And after some research in my mod list i found that "The Gore Overhaul" was the culprit.
I still got the mod activated in NMM but I renamed the "gore" folder (the mods texture folder) so it won't load. And after that no more CTD's.
arroya wrote: so what folders name did you change again? I want to try this. I am running EBT as well
Nordland1 wrote: Sorry I mixed up two mods.
For me it's "THE GORE OVERHAUL" mod who was causing the CTD.
Not "Enhanced Blood Textures".

I renamed the folder "Gore" by just adding a Z (zgore).
You will find the folder in ".../Data/Textures/Gore"

(I edited my first post with my new findings)
arroya wrote: ok just renamed it. because i have gore overhaul as well lets see if it works Ill send you a pm I dont want to clog the thread. Check your messages
MadveD12 wrote: I also disabled "The Gore Overhaul" and CTD 5-10 seconds after the start of the game disappeared.
iiicragiii16 wrote: It worked! Thank you sir
Panaorios wrote: Thank you so much. This worked for me!
grapser wrote: Thanks for the fix. XD
Nordland1 wrote: Glad that I could help! :)
MickeyMcE wrote: Interesting I uninstalled "The Gore Overhaul" mod after reading this and it appears to have fixed my ctd as well for now. Good find, I was just getting ready to go through my mods and play the uninstall reinstall game. Thanks for saving me the headache.
St4rkill3r wrote: Worked here too.At the start i was unable to play 5 mins long without a ctd.Now i did the rename of the folder and i played like 30 mins without problems so far, thanks a lot sir for the tip!
Centerman wrote: Uninstalled Gore Overhaul and this worked. It corrected the CTD 5-10 seconds after game start. I still get a random CTD during what seem to be bloody battles. I'm disabling Mods little by little to find the additional culprit.
billxsand wrote: Ugh thank you so much I should have checked the nexus first... uninstalled and reinstalled everything multiple times, lololol
manofglory wrote: You sir! win the prize
scag318 wrote: work for me! THX!
Desie wrote: What if we don't use that mod? I see everyone talking about this but I don't use it. Should I install that mod and then do what you said? ;aifejwakfa;oiewajfldskja CTDDDDDDDDDDDDD
jerryh72 wrote: People who don't have that mod have the same ctd problem , this same problem came with the last update not just this one . If even the first update came out before i already put to many hours in too be able get a refund on this s#*! game , but no they let you play a stable version a few weeks before making it worse instead of better . If they want to fix it they should start by either using NewVegas or skyrims already working controls , dialog , animations , using the same format so we could just copy past mods from Skyrim too Fallout 4. No they use a completely different language , as if to say F;[]=-.u to the players modders and the Nexus mod site !
blackmumba1 wrote: Yeah, worked for me too, which is a relief because I was thinking I would have to reload the game and play vanilla FO4. Though, the update also revived Swan for some reason, not sure why, but I got to kill him again, so there's that
Centerman wrote: The Gore Overhaul caused a quick CTD. Got rid of it but I still crash but now only in a firefight with Raiders or Super Mutants. Disabled every Mod and .esp but still crashed during a fight. Deleted the .ini files and ran plain Vanilla FO4. Game did not crash and ran well. I suspect it's a stray texture, mesh, or something that is in the game directory.
TheFinestSake wrote: THANK YOU!
hanageboubounosuke wrote: You are a hero.
julio131 wrote: but...but I don't use that MOD and still get CTD 5-10 seconds after the game started. :(
tardmehigh wrote: Thank you so much! Have used like 2,5 hours trying "this and that" with no luck. Again, thank you
Nordland1 wrote: If you still get CTD's with mods installed then try with disable the whole Textures folder without uninstalling the mods.
Beacuse (as far as I know) there is no mods that runs with scripts yet, so there is a big chance that it is textures or meshes that are causing the CTD's.

I'm not an expert on these things but this is how I found out that it was the Gore Overhaul that was causing problems for me.
I have been playing for about 1h and still no CTD.
swissper2 wrote: Confirmed. Fixed the CTD for me also.
QBit71 wrote: I uninstalled the "Gore Overhaul" mod, and it works.
Loading a new .ini file and do all my tweaks again, no problem, stable as normal again.
Thank you for the hint.

:)

Thanks for this Nordland! got also ctd after 5-10 secs after loading a save.
Before the latest patch i never had a single CTD !
Must turn off automatic update.....

Such a simple fix! All I had to do was delete the game, search through my computer for any possible cached/saved files and dump them, reinstall my video drivers, verify the game integrity and reboot.

Now I have all my textures (so far) back and I made it to the Nora death scene. Piece of cake. Of course I have to make up for 72 levels that went bye bye in the update-shaped mushroom cloud but it's a small price to pay really. Barely noticeable in fact.

Well, that and reinstalling the mods. And fighting the inevitable battles there.

Bethesda almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter ...

In response to post #34112330.

Fredthehound wrote: Such a simple fix! All I had to do was delete the game, search through my computer for any possible cached/saved files and dump them, reinstall my video drivers, verify the game integrity and reboot.

Now I have all my textures (so far) back and I made it to the Nora death scene. Piece of cake. Of course I have to make up for 72 levels that went bye bye in the update-shaped mushroom cloud but it's a small price to pay really. Barely noticeable in fact.

Well, that and reinstalling the mods. And fighting the inevitable battles there.

I disabled all of my mods. started a new game new character. And got to the Nora Death Scene and Bam CTD once again ... I am not sure what Else to do. Gonna delete then reinstall. And start with the ENB and work my way down I guess. I really Don't Know what else to do BTW here are my system specs

CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.80GHz 57 °C
Crystal Well 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Alienware Alienware 17 R2 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 (Dell)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X (Dell) 42 °C
ForceWare version: 361.75
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) 36 °C
476GB SAMSUNG SSD PM851 M.2 2280 512GB (SSD)
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

In response to post #34112330. #34113665 is also a reply to the same post.

Fredthehound wrote: Such a simple fix! All I had to do was delete the game, search through my computer for any possible cached/saved files and dump them, reinstall my video drivers, verify the game integrity and reboot.

arroya wrote: I disabled all of my mods. started a new game new character. And got to the Nora Death Scene and Bam CTD once again ... I am not sure what Else to do. Gonna delete then reinstall. And start with the ENB and work my way down I guess. I really Don't Know what else to do BTW here are my system specs

CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.80GHz 57 °C
Crystal Well 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Alienware Alienware 17 R2 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 (Dell)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X (Dell) 42 °C
ForceWare version: 361.75
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) 36 °C
476GB SAMSUNG SSD PM851 M.2 2280 512GB (SSD)
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

After that post I reinstalled the verdant wasteland/CBBE/True Storms/landscape textures and Armorsmith. I am right back to the screwed up missing texture fiasco, now with trippy acid flashback 'trailers'.

Beth did something seriously incompatible with mods. I dunno what. Probably the gameworks stuff as I am on AMD R390 Crossfire. But I think we are screwed until either they fix their whatever or modders figure out WTF to do to adapt to it.