Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

In response to post #34089630.

b5tard wrote: I fired up this festing pile of an update and was beset by multiple repeateable CTDs after months of stable gameplay.

I figured what the hell, ill scrub everything, install clean, install the update, new INIs, new everything.

CTD in vault 111 trying to play the holotape game in the terminal, and CTD exiting the vault right after the sun in my eyes sequence and the HUD is about to come back onto the screen.

no combination of settings will get me past it.

what a screwup.

to re-iterate.

fresh install, no mods, fresh INIs.....CTD city on a known stable system... This patch is garbage.

Back to version 1, and no issues. Thanks bethesda. Guess ill wait for 1.4?

Same here. May I ask how you reverted back to version 1? Game keeps CTD upon launch and it's driving me up the wall.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34089375. #34090240 is also a reply to the same post.

Desie wrote: Is there a way to revert back before the update? I have 200+ mods I'm not willing to go through...Jesus. The humanity.
russw1138 wrote: ONE - you should be applauded for figuring out how to make 200+ mods work at all. TWO - if you are smart enough to figure out how to get 200+ mods working you should have been smart enough to make steam work in offline mod and thus not get the patch

What a useless and douchy comment. Well done russ.

In response to post #34089630. #34090320 is also a reply to the same post.

b5tard wrote: I fired up this festing pile of an update and was beset by multiple repeateable CTDs after months of stable gameplay.

I figured what the hell, ill scrub everything, install clean, install the update, new INIs, new everything.

CTD in vault 111 trying to play the holotape game in the terminal, and CTD exiting the vault right after the sun in my eyes sequence and the HUD is about to come back onto the screen.

what a screwup.

to re-iterate.

fresh install, no mods, fresh INIs.....CTD city on a known stable system... This patch is garbage.

AliceGaming wrote: Same here. May I ask how you reverted back to version 1? Game keeps CTD upon launch and it's driving me up the wall.

Wow that sucks. Getting rid of the Gore Overhaul fixed my instant CTD. I still CTD now but ONLY when I'm under heavy gunfire from an enemy. Edited by Centerman

In response to post #34089375. #34090240, #34090460 are all replies on the same post.

Desie wrote: Is there a way to revert back before the update? I have 200+ mods I'm not willing to go through...Jesus. The humanity.
russw1138 wrote: ONE - you should be applauded for figuring out how to make 200+ mods work at all. TWO - if you are smart enough to figure out how to get 200+ mods working you should have been smart enough to make steam work in offline mod and thus not get the patch

nik0li wrote: What a useless and douchy comment. Well done russ.

douchy? maybe... useless? not so much. what is useless are screaming at the sky posts about how auto update sucks when the simple work around is to run steam in offline mode to prevent getting patches your not ready for Edited by russw1138

In response to post #34089630. #34090320, #34090490 are all replies on the same post.

what a screwup.

to re-iterate.

AliceGaming wrote: Same here. May I ask how you reverted back to version 1? Game keeps CTD upon launch and it's driving me up the wall.
Centerman wrote: Wow that sucks. Getting rid of the Gore Overhaul fixed my instant CTD. I still CTD now but ONLY when I'm under heavy gunfire from an enemy.

Same here , completely clean install and still CTD , either this patch is utterly broken or my save is busted

In response to post #34089630. #34090320, #34090490, #34090875 are all replies on the same post.

what a screwup.

to re-iterate.

Centerman wrote: Wow that sucks. Getting rid of the Gore Overhaul fixed my instant CTD. I still CTD now but ONLY when I'm under heavy gunfire from an enemy.
adamski47 wrote: Same here , completely clean install and still CTD , either this patch is utterly broken or my save is busted

Nothing at all seems to solve this , its not the mods for sure , tried everything posted here on this page too... With even completely vanilla crashing i completely give up on this patch... How did you rollback to version 1 ?

Anyone else getting a screwed up third person mode after the patch? My character keeps twisting off to one side like he's looking at something, and the gun is never pointing in the same direction as where I'm shooting, so bullets/lasers end up ejecting from the end of the gun at an awkward side angle.

In response to post #34068410. #34072035, #34078570, #34079200, #34080150, #34080220, #34080510, #34080620, #34082100 are all replies on the same post.

prodajie wrote: Since the update I'm getting a CTD when attempting to enter build mode for any settlement.
huenni87 wrote: Same here. CTD when I enter the build mode. I try disable Settlement Keywords, Snap and Build and Alternetive Settlements but it doesn't help.
ludvig08 wrote: same here nothing
Enuvielle wrote: same here getting ctd when in build mode
Enuvielle wrote: i disabled enhanced blood and now the game works fine
Kelleth wrote: Go check your SetDressing folder in Textures, if you have any files for the Flag, delete them.
sydney666 wrote: Do you have GORE Overhaul installed? I had similar crashes - some totally unrelated to that mod, but it was causing CTD. When I uninstalled it, my game now does not crash any more. I have 184 mods installed, but only 30 or so mods actually install esps. Most of my mods are new or improved textures...
ludvig08 wrote: uninstall every mods. think i got all the loose addons too..
i do have sweetFX could that be the one?
Nostalgiaheart wrote: I'm able to build ---- BUT lost my F & G for rotation when trying to build - only works on mouse now. =(((( :(

yea me as well, no flag files in my texture folder

In response to post #34071015. #34071450, #34071620, #34071680, #34072505, #34072540, #34072595, #34073190, #34073450, #34073500, #34074510, #34084490, #34084545, #34085065, #34088565, #34089440, #34090300 are all replies on the same post.

Nordland1 wrote: For me, this fixed the CTD!

(I got CTD 5-10 seconds after the game started.)

And after some research in my mod list i found that "The Gore Overhaul" was the culprit.
I still got the mod activated in NMM but I renamed the "gore" folder (the mods texture folder) so it won't load. And after that no more CTD's.
arroya wrote: so what folders name did you change again? I want to try this. I am running EBT as well
Nordland1 wrote: Sorry I mixed up two mods.
For me it's "THE GORE OVERHAUL" mod who was causing the CTD.
Not "Enhanced Blood Textures".

I renamed the folder "Gore" by just adding a Z (zgore).
You will find the folder in ".../Data/Textures/Gore"

(I edited my first post with my new findings)
arroya wrote: ok just renamed it. because i have gore overhaul as well lets see if it works Ill send you a pm I dont want to clog the thread. Check your messages
MadveD12 wrote: I also disabled "The Gore Overhaul" and CTD 5-10 seconds after the start of the game disappeared.
iiicragiii16 wrote: It worked! Thank you sir
Panaorios wrote: Thank you so much. This worked for me!
grapser wrote: Thanks for the fix. XD
Nordland1 wrote: Glad that I could help! :)
MickeyMcE wrote: Interesting I uninstalled "The Gore Overhaul" mod after reading this and it appears to have fixed my ctd as well for now. Good find, I was just getting ready to go through my mods and play the uninstall reinstall game. Thanks for saving me the headache.
St4rkill3r wrote: Worked here too.At the start i was unable to play 5 mins long without a ctd.Now i did the rename of the folder and i played like 30 mins without problems so far, thanks a lot sir for the tip!
Centerman wrote: Uninstalled Gore Overhaul and this worked. It corrected the CTD 5-10 seconds after game start. I still get a random CTD during what seem to be bloody battles. I'm disabling Mods little by little to find the additional culprit.
billxsand wrote: Ugh thank you so much I should have checked the nexus first... uninstalled and reinstalled everything multiple times, lololol
manofglory wrote: You sir! win the prize
scag318 wrote: work for me! THX!
Desie wrote: What if we don't use that mod? I see everyone talking about this but I don't use it. Should I install that mod and then do what you said? ;aifejwakfa;oiewajfldskja CTDDDDDDDDDDDDD
jerryh72 wrote: People who don't have that mod have the same ctd problem , this same problem came with the last update not just this one . If even the first update came out before i already put to many hours in too be able get a refund on this s#*! game , but no they let you play a stable version a few weeks before making it worse instead of better . If they want to fix it they should start by either using NewVegas or skyrims already working controls , dialog , animations , using the same format so we could just copy past mods from Skyrim too Fallout 4. No they use a completely different language , as if to say F;[]=-.u to the players modders and the Nexus mod site !

Yeah, worked for me too, which is a relief because I was thinking I would have to reload the game and play vanilla FO4. Though, the update also revived Swan for some reason, not sure why, but I got to kill him again, so there's that