Alternate download server feedback

Dark0ne

I'm just now in the process of rolling out a new beta file server. As most of you know the large file server at TESSource is totally saturated up to its limit, causing slow download speeds and disconnects. This new server is a bit of a cheap-o solution which offers quite variable speeds. As such I am trialling it as a beta file server simultaneously with the current file server.

There is now an extra screen you have to go through in order to download large files. This screen asks you to pick which server you would like to download from. If you (somehow) find the new beta file server slower than the current file server, then simply pick the original file server (#2) on the server choice pop-up and you'll download as you always have from the original file server. If you use the new beta file server (#1) please help me out by providing feedback in this thread; are you getting faster rates from the new file server? If you kept getting corrupt files or disconnects on the original file server do you still get them on the new file server?

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the upload system hasn't and won't be changed. You're still the one and only person who has been in contact with me regarding getting a cannot connect or 404 error on the upload pages.

Thank you Dark0ne. The file Treasure Maps The Legend of Jauffres Gold 3726kB took only 00:24 seconds at an average speed of 150.91 KB/sec. that is at least 5 times as fast as the old server. I am located ~262 Miles from Chicago, Il. today.

Forgive my pedantical niggling but Kb = Killo Bits KB = Killo Byts and Kb is misused in the download file panel for each file.

<div style="float: left; width: 50%; padding-top: 7px;">3726kb</div>

No, the upload system hasn't and won't be changed. You're still the one and only person who has been in contact with me regarding getting a cannot connect or 404 error on the upload pages.

Maybe so, but noticed on another thread that complaints were lodged about other mods missing files. Maybe it more widespread than just me. Find it very strange that I somehow I am the only one that this happens to. Especially given that I've used different computers, different isp addresses, different TESSource accounts and tried disabling all my security protocols to get pass the 404 error.