Alternate download server feedback

Dark0ne

I'm near Chicago, so that may have something to do with it, but the Chicago server was very fast for me. Much quicker than the regular servers. Average of 200k/sec download speeds, and this is on a Sunday afternoon where traffic is usually heavy.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today,the London and Chicago servers are not downloading properly,all files complete as 0 bytes...

Just tried both of them and they seem to work fine on the files I tried. What files are you trying to download?

I've been using the Chicago server since it was put up and consistently get between 75 and 110 kbps. I am in western Arkansas. I think, mileage wise, nearer Dallas, but the Chicago always works faster for me. I have used it at various times of day and night, both on weekend and weekdays. Noticed no problems and am running well within my low end dsl connection of 100. I've downloaded files ranging from 3 megs to 20 during the past several days. All files came complete, no loss, no errors.

chicago server works great for me. between 6pm- 0am (gmt +2) i usually have between 20-30 kb/s

at the moment 10:44 (gmt+2) i even got amazing 60-70 kb/s, but the download took ~20 sec to finally start. but hey.. np!

Tal

It has been taking numerous tries to download items. Some of the downloads glitch at 0 bytes and don't have a file type. Some of the time they get a file type but do not download. After a bit of messing around I got them downloading hitting an average of 250kb/s. VERY nice in my mind for a variable speed server.

The Chicago server seems to work very nicely (at least, up to my max download speed). Generally seems to be about 100-200kb/s. Keep up the nice work.