Patch 1.3 (Non beta one. The one that just came out of beta.) and issues.

kingculex

Ok fellow community people. I am looking at installing this patch and would like to know some of the issues associated with it. I have read the improvements it makes but there has to be a catch.

So what are some of the issues associated with this one?

Thank you to anywone who replies.

-edit-

Clarification:

Please say if your issue happened in a save game or new game.

Please explain a bit about the issue you are experiencing.

Updates:

I bought Fallout 4 through Steam but took steps to prevent auto-updates. I will not be forced into being someone's guinea pig.........um beta tester. I will also be making a complete backup of my game and mods before updating.

All input is greatly appreciated. :smile:

Edited by kingculex

Different issues for different folks. Can only speak for myself. The update wrecked my game. Completely unplayable. No issues before the update running over 100 mods. Spent hours trying to figure out the problem (crash whenever switching cells).

I'd wait a week if you have the option. I bought through Steam which forces updates so I didn't have a choice.

Actually, the patch that was released is the "cleaned" up beta, there are some differences, but it only fixed the major problems that the beta had. I am willing to bet there will be another beta before too much longer, and then another patch. Then, finally, the CK will come out.

Basically 1.3 screwed up modded games beyond repair. I reverted back to 1.2 and decided to wait until all the major mods is updated. The cons waaay overstep the pros, so... it's not worth to get my 80+ hour game totally ruined by this. Not even with all the 1.3 improvements. And there ARE awesome improvements that should have been in the game from the get go. But no. No way, no how. This must be the first time a patch from Bethesda has completely rendered a modded game 100% unplayable. And it boggles my mind.

Edited by Skitkjell

Same here ! 350 hours in game ! install +150 mods carefully and never , never a crash!

Bethesda do some little change and boom my game crash rondomly but crash every time!

I understand modded game can cause problem when update coming , i tested beta and post them issue , other do it to ! But Bethesda seem to not care about modder ! I'm not sure this game got the success it had without us !!!!!!! THX Bethesda

@Thuggysmurf

CTD whenever switching cells is a new one for me. I know it is different issues for different people but I want to try to get a scope on some of the known issues. You may want to take steps to prevent Steam from auto updating your game. Thank you for your input and it is appreciated. :smile:

@SirTwist

I figured it was a "cleaned" up version of the beta patch. I took steps to block the updates from happening automatically and refused to test the beta patches. There will probably be even patches for the CK when it is released........

Thank you for your input and it is appreciated. :smile:

@Skitkjell

Waiting till all the mods update might be a good idea. I was looking to start a new game with this patch and it is a bit hard to wait because Fallout 4 is a bit addicting. I recall Bethesda ruining working games with flawed updates in the past and that is why I am hesitant on updating Fallout 4. Having the issues in one location here might help others to decide as well. Thank you for your input and it is appreciated. :smile:

@tielebras

Random CTDs are another new one. Yeah I agree Bethesda could have released a better product especially with the category keyword limit bug. I hope that one is not a set limitation that can not be changed. Thank you for your input and it is appreciated. :smile:

Edited by kingculex

Yeah, well, I thought ahead and were super-cautious and simply made a copy of my 1.2 installation, all save files, the mod manager load order files and all .INI files before even touching the update, having had issues with bigger Bethesda patches in the past :tongue: so I could simply go back to 1.2 and keep playing as nothing had ever happened. Sometimes it pays to go the extra mile xD sooo... I guess it's just a waiting game now.

Lucky I have Dragon's Dogma (that FINALLY came to PC...) to lean back on for a good amount of time.

Edited by Skitkjell

Hi first time posting.

Don't know if any of you have had this bug. I've tried modded and unmodded and the results are the same CTD when firing at a human. I haven't tried melee combat, tired of reloading all the time, but I've tested this on my modded and unmodded install of the game and the result is the same. The minute a laser or bullit hits a human target, boom CTD; mutants, ghouls, robots, moles, radscorpions, murlocks, etc... no problem. I've tried multiple targets multiple times with multiple guns and always CTD with a human target.

I reinstalled up to beta 1.2.37 and no problems so I'm staying like this for now.

I have presently 3 installs of the game. 1.3 modded, 1.3 clean and 1.2.37 beta modded.

The first two systematically crash when the above action is performed. Don't know if its my game or not. If anyone else notices let me know :)

I don't bother with the patch just because most bugs and issues that I've had with the game have already been fixed by a mod, so unless it's a major update that adds new features or overhauls existing ones, it's not really worth it. And honestly, I've so far felt that Fallout 4 is actually the most stable game release Bethesda's done yet. I haven't had any crashes unless they're mod-involved (and thanks to NMM's interface, I've identified those easily), consistent frame rate with nary a stutter and no quest-breaking bugs so far, knock on wood.