jcdenton2012

Hello, I am on the verge of releasing my final project for New Vegas and would like to request some Beta Testers for a little bit of 'hiking.' What I need is for a group of people to install the Beta for Los Angeles and just walk around the landscape taking pictures of errors. Send these errors to me, and I'll fix them. Simple.

I'm requesting help because LA is... well... it's 'a little bit big.' For the next week I'll be making finalizing changes to the mod for release. This will include design fluff and fixes to the projects minor yet irritating errors. Additional information can be found in the downloads provided read-me.

Once you've finished your exploration send the images to [email protected]

Requires:

Fallout New Vegas Esm
Dead Money Esm
Honest Hearts Esm
Old World Blues Esm
Lonesome Road Esm
Gun Runners Aresenal Esm
Speedy Resource Esm
Beta Testers will be listed in my credits section.

Okay, wow. This is a pretty big map and it's really dense. Not really seen anything yet* that's wrong that can take a picture of except one of the tall skyscrapers in downtown only faces one way and has a big gap on the rear. Also there seems to be a few invisible walls here and there. Water is also invisible for me. I'll have to look at it more when I have time. (I'm not going to comment on the lack of navmeshes I figure that will be done later)

Just a few things of note. SInce LA is an NCR stronghold, I think it would be interesting to have an area that was cleaned up, rebuilt and maybe walled off. Sort of how the strip is separate. This area will be the NCR area. Also the existence of the Powder Gangers indicate to us that the NCR has a working railway system as they were brought in to extend it into the Mojave desert. I imagine by 2280's that the Hub, LA and SF have all been connected by rail.

One more thing. Grabbed Speedy Resource esm 1.3 and I still have missing mesh warnings here and there. Is there anything else that's needed?

Anyway, great job. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

No. You're golden. The Skyscraper face was from creating the LOD blocks. I'll be redoing the LOD blocks once I polish off the last of the fluff content so it specifically will be fixed at the very end. The missing meshes are bits and pieces of content not in the packet, and those are the things that I need pictures of since I have to delete all of that stuff. It includes, 32 individual remaining scols, some old flags, and vehicles. Regarding those scols... since the map is so big I'm having trouble locating all those small bits and pieces to delete.

New Adytum will be in the final mod. I intend to attach it as an esp dependency. So, you will be able to explore the commercial district. I will be spending the next few days laying out small check points and communities. Also, as you walk towards the main entrance to the city you will notice a railway station. I'm going to beef it up to seem more like a troop zone.

The invisible walls are on purpose. Sadly, I have to place limits on how far the player can go on the maps since to pass the eye test everything has to be designed at least 2 city blocks past its real border. Water issues vary greatly mainly because of a limitation in the GECK which makes creating a water mesh close to the ground difficult due to the firmware. Sadly, there is little that I can do about it other than try and hide it. Do the mountains, distant buildings, and other bits and pieces of eyecandy still render properly on your end?