Modding details? Ask away!

Amineri

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People usually search for answers by looking at thread titles. This thread has so much stuff mixed up in it that nobody will ever find any of it. Please post a new question on a new thread, so that others will be able to find it.

BTW, I have not had much luck with PM'ing moderators. I doubt they would lock a thread unless there is some reason stronger than this one, but still, please consider this thread dead.

I have to agree with davidlallen. This thread is not very "attractive" for those users that actually use the search function. I do so regularly, and when one of the search result is a mega thread such as this I always groan and hope I find a better result :tongue:.

Some boards encourage mega threads to avoid a flood of new threads. However this board isn't really in danger of being "flooded", so making new threads for questions is probably not a big deal. It did its job when the game was fresh and there were lots of "groundwork" questions to the more experienced modders of LWS. Luckily we are now at a point, were the basic stuff has been mostly covered by tutorials, videos and this thread.

Edited by LeaderEnemyBoss

Question:

So i decided to mod a armor using a Kevlar template but include abilities from a light plated armor in X2Item class

Then, i modify the ability in my own X2Ability Class.

Now the stats changed with the armor icon displayed correctly, however the armor the soldier wearing disappeared.

Whats left is only the head, arm , weapon and legs are showing up in the model.

Help

• 2 months later...

Hi all! :smile:

I intend to resize a Soldier (already with its custom Pawn). When I resize it to 50% using "Display > Draw Scale" he always ends up small, but floating in mid-air.

Can you tell me where to offset him so that he is back on the ground (should be very similiar to your giant Chrysallids in LW)?

This needs to be adjusted in the Archetype, the XComUnitPawn / CollisionHeight is what I've played around with.

Hi Amineri,

first of allow me to thank you and your team for all the hard work you did on the mods for XCOM 2 and EU\EW

we made a new Alien, gave it a new ability ( that's works with player input ) now we made an AI file and getting en error massage:

RedScreen Alert:( In Behavior Tree movement, but still switched to attack!

Reason:RedAlertMovement No BT Destination set, DEcideNextDestination returned current location. AlertLevel-2.0000 Group=870 XComGameState_AIGroup_1791

Skipping this unit's turn. (Unit 871)

what does this mean?

and if you could take a look at our A.I file, to see if the problem is there.

here's the code:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4687980-new-enemy-units-implementing-new-ai-behavior/#ipboard_body post #2

I hope you have the time, and the will to help.

with regards

-A-

• 1 year later...

I have exported the human shared textures, because i wanted to modify the female normal map. I've done it, now I gotta figure out how to put it in a mod... can anyone help me do it? Or is there a link to a tutorial which tackles this specific problem? I really want to learn only the things that i need to make this mod, because I'm pretty sure I wont make any other mods than this one... biggrin.gif

So far i recreated the folder structure that i took those textures from, in the SDK, Content/XCom2/Packages/Characters/Humans... I got the TGA textures I reimported them in the editor (which gave me a weird communicate "You are changing a texture property that requires an uncompressed data but this texture was imported at 16bit. Please reimport") Not sure what that communicate means, tried saving as 16bit and 24bit per pixel and it shows the same communicate... So im not sure how to put them in the package and what that communicate means, and how to put the package after i reimport the textures correctly into the XCom2-ModBuddy.

I'm also guessing female arms use ArmsRelaxed_NRM and male uses ArmsToned_NRM... torso and legs are marked M and F so that is pretty self explanatory...

I appreciate any help or pointing me in the direction of relevant tutorials

I have exported the human shared textures, because i wanted to modify the female normal map. I've done it, now I gotta figure out how to put it in a mod... can anyone help me do it? Or is there a link to a tutorial which tackles this specific problem? I really want to learn only the things that i need to make this mod, because I'm pretty sure I wont make any other mods than this one... biggrin.gif

So far i recreated the folder structure that i took those textures from, in the SDK, Content/XCom2/Packages/Characters/Humans... I got the TGA textures I reimported them in the editor (which gave me a weird communicate "You are changing a texture property that requires an uncompressed data but this texture was imported at 16bit. Please reimport") Not sure what that communicate means, tried saving as 16bit and 24bit per pixel and it shows the same communicate... So im not sure how to put them in the package and what that communicate means, and how to put the package after i reimport the textures correctly into the XCom2-ModBuddy.

I'm also guessing female arms use ArmsRelaxed_NRM and male uses ArmsToned_NRM... torso and legs are marked M and F so that is pretty self explanatory...

Dude, do you know how to modify textures and import them back? I wanted to tweak some textures from an already existing mod. Here's the thread:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6126828-how-to-fix-capnbubs-accessories-packs-jagged-textures/

Can you tell me how do you export textures from already existing mods so they can be fixed?

Dude, do you know how to modify textures and import them back? I wanted to tweak some textures from an already existing mod. Here's the thread:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6126828-how-to-fix-capnbubs-accessories-packs-jagged-textures/

Can you tell me how do you export textures from already existing mods so they can be fixed?

All I know is how to export them in the Unreal editor. But I have no idea how to import them back correctly. When you open modbuddy, go to tools and open the editor...

Then in the editor once it opens up there will be a file browser window, and the hardest part will be identifying the file you are looking for... there are texture files that you can

export as TGA's... But when i try to import them back i get a weird communicate like i said in my post. And so far no one has tried to help neither here or on 2K forums... :/

All I know is how to export them in the Unreal editor. But I have no idea how to import them back correctly. When you open modbuddy, go to tools and open the editor...

Then in the editor once it opens up there will be a file browser window, and the hardest part will be identifying the file you are looking for... there are texture files that you can

export as TGA's... But when i try to import them back i get a weird communicate like i said in my post. And so far no one has tried to help neither here or on 2K forums... :/

Almost the same situation here! All I got was this silly Texture2D file once I unpacked the archive, what the hell am I supposed to do with it? Can't all the files just be exported as dds or something actually usable and then imported back without any issues?