ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can't patch my New Vegas to 1.3.0.452

Good afternoon gentlemen and (hopefully) ladies!

I have encountered a terrible problem that I can't figure out by myself.

I have a legit STEAM copy of Fallout: New Vegas I bought this winter. I always keep it up to date, playing with STEAM client online.

When the final update was released STEAM told me to update my game before playing. I waited with great patience. But when update was finally completed I discovered that version of my FalloutNV.exe is 1.2.0.352!

Now I can't use new (and the only supported) version of NVSE, because it keeps telling me that I should update the game to 1.3.0.452!

I,ve rebooted my pc several times (I still use Widnows XP SP3), rebooted and updated my STEAM client and even reinstalled my Fallout: New Vegas twice, but to no avail - stubborn STEAM keeps telling me that game is up to date!

Please, help me, because older version of NVSE (beta 7 made for 1.2.0.352) is not working (game tells me that it can't find NVSE even though I installed it), and I can't enjoy all features of FOOK and Project Nevada without working NVSE.

BTW, I do not own Dead Money DLC yet, maybe this is the case?

Please, enlighten me - how to update my legit STEAM copy of this game! Or maybe there's another way to get NVSE to work?

I really do need your help! Thank you in advance!

Edited by filterrens

Try going into Steam and Verifying Integrity of Game Cache and if that doesn't work you'll probably have to do what I did and uninstall Steam then reinstall it. Back up your Steam games to another folder or external hard drive so you can copy your mods (minus the New Vegas esm) back over easily.

Try going into Steam and Verifying Integrity of Game Cache and if that doesn't work you'll probably have to do what I did and uninstall Steam then reinstall it. Back up your Steam games to another folder or external hard drive so you can copy your mods (minus the New Vegas esm) back over easily.

Thank you for your quick and kind reply, ma'am! *bows politely*

I'll give it a try right now!

UPDATED

Sadly 'Verifying Integrity of Game Cache' doesn't seem to work. STEAM checked files and told me that they are OK.

I'll try to reinstall STEAM then.

Edited by filterrens

can i ask you have the geck right which version ? 1.1 or 1.3 cos iv got a patched version of fnv which runs nicely btw but after much faffin about found all fields in my geck are empty and cant find 1.3 nv geck update and just nosed about on tinternet and stumbled upon a comment about the same issue regarding patched versions (falloutnv) not working with geck and unpatched versions working fine

does this set of alarm bells per chance ???

can i ask you have the geck right which version ? 1.1 or 1.3 cos iv got a patched version of fnv which runs nicely btw but after much faffin about found all fields in my geck are empty and cant find 1.3 nv geck update and just nosed about on tinternet and stumbled upon a comment about the same issue regarding patched versions (falloutnv) not working with geck and unpatched versions working fine

does this set of alarm bells per chance ???

Good afternoon mr. Crockett!

I am sorry, but I don't have GECK because I am just a simply gamer, not a mod maker.

And you see, my issue is quite the opposite - I can't patch my New Vegas game so I can't run the latest NVSE beta 10 because of my unpatched version.

So sorry, but I can't help you.

I've made a backup of New Vegas files and reinstalled STEAM.

Then I restored New Vegas from backup and verified its files for integrity. STEAM said that game is perfectly OK.

Then I've opened New Vegas folder and checked the version of FalloutNV.exe, To my despair the version is still 1.2.0.352.

I really don't know what to do next...

Maybe I should try to delete FalloutNV.exe, check the integrity and have STEAM download this file for me? Maybe donwloaded one would be the right version?

Please, give me your thoughts, even the crankiest ideas are welcome! Fire away, guys!

UPDATED

Still doesn't work! The version of FalloutNV.exe STEAM downloaded for me is still 1.2.0.352.

This would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Edited by filterrens

I know. It's so frustrating. I'm sorry but the only thing I know to tell you is to try uninstalling and reinstalling Steam again. Maybe it will work if you install it to a different location this time, like maybe outside of Program Files.

• 2 weeks later...