how improve Fps?

Jodi79

Make sure you install the 64 bit version of win7. the 4gb patch will not work on any 32 bit os.

I have read that you can install the game and a second os inside a partition, this may be an option for you, but i dont understand it well enough to help you do it. do a little research.

Many of the programs you are currently using wont work on a 64 bit os, so you have some hard choices to make. Keep in mind that when Skyrim comes out you will need the extra ram.

About Falling Stars and Potion Bottles, they shouldnt slow fps, enjoy them now.

concern install a second os i read it's possible but not advice, and i don't intend to do so..

about the programs doesn't working on 64bit, could you be more specific? i don't understand if you are speaking generaly about programs working on xp, or intend problem with Oblivion indeed..

for Skyrim, i'll see when bethesda will say the specific.. is one of the reason why i don't know if take another video card to work together the other one, or spend a few more and take a better one

Concerning programs on 64 bit;

If you use your machine mostly for gaming, and play newer games, you shouldn't have any problems.

However if you use it for work, and have other programs installed that you absolutely need, make sure you do your homework first to make sure they will be compatible with your new OS. Or try to find 64 bit versions.

If you are upgrading to Win7, the transfer of files from XP is not perfectly easy - for some reason they prefer you to start with a blank hard drive. Having said that, the File and settings Transfer Wizard does a reasonable job, but for Oblivion you might be better reading Bben46's Uninstall and Reinstall guide (somewhere on the nexus). Remember to install it to either c:\Games\Oblivion (if you have to put it on c drive) or another drive, as the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 7 will stop a lot of mods installing correctly if it is installed under c:\Program Files (the default). I believe that's the case for many other moddable games too. Also having a specific games directory allows you to set up antivirus exclusions much more easily.

Once on Win7, if you have a nenory card reader slot, stuff a good sized memory card in it and use "readyboost" - effectively this gives you a fast virtual drive as your first stage swap file, rather than swapping to physical hard disk.

Make sure your main system RAM is the fastest your processor/motherboard can handle - any timing improvements you can get that way will help.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

I still use different folder for gaming.

About create the swap file, i think to ask assistance Tuesday to the one who will install the os, in any case we will have to test it in lab before i'll bring it back to home, because i'm not sure that installing the new os will solve my problem...it will be too simple!

perhaps i'll try alone the day before, anyway i'll have to format it

now i take a look to the article

• 2 weeks later...

Oblivion Stutter Remover, v 4.1: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23208

Wrye Bash 03a installer, then version 291 update: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368

Guide for Wrye Bash: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35230

Check Bethesda Forums for [RELz] Oblivion Stutter Remover for tweaks and discussion.

that sure is a lot of mods :D

anyway, have you tried playing the game w/o any mods?

do so and compare them; try to copy the meshes and textures first so you won't need to do anything later.

then, have you tried over clocking your videocard? if you plan on doing this, don't increase the values to much or you'll end up having bad pixels or burning your video card.

Vampire, clearly the OP is not adept at computers and advising someone not versed in the complexities of overclocking wouldn't solve the OP problem and maybe even hinder. With the setup jodi already has, the links I gave will stablize if not increase performance noticably. Overclocking should only be done on gaming cards anyway, they are made to take the punishment of intense graphical games. Just sayin... :)