Has Bethesda learned

Bitdman

No game will ever have 100% stability, as TheSkyrimBlog indicated.

But with a new engine, made in-house at Bethesda (yes, it's a rewritten GameBryo Engine, but every key feature is new^^) I think they have better chances of finding and fixing stability/performance issues, and they can more easily tweak the engine to suit things better. :)

Let me clear a few things up.

Did anyone play Divinity 2? No? Well, you should.

Anyway, it uses a upgraded version of the Gamebryo engine (not the one that Skyrim uses, obviously) and it's graphics are great, and it NEVER crashed on my PC, even after 2, 6 hour long playing sessions in a day.

So if Larian studios could make a great looking and stable game, I guess that Bethesda can too.

For some time with Oblivion, it wouldn't crash for hours. Some other times, it would crash in a few minutes. It's more of a varied sort of thing for me.

Another thing I've noticed with previous posts, about games becoming more stable each time, Morrowind did NOT crash more than Oblivion did.

Another thing I've noticed with previous posts, about games becoming more stable each time, Morrowind did NOT crash more than Oblivion did.

In case that was about what I said, what I actually had stated was that "each game has become more successful and accessible than the last," but I didn't mention anything about stability. I mean unless you take "successful" that way, but I had intended it in a more fiscal sort of way. :whistling:

Let me clear a few things up.

Did anyone play Divinity 2? No? Well, you should.

Anyway, it uses a upgraded version of the Gamebryo engine (not the one that Skyrim uses, obviously) and it's graphics are great, and it NEVER crashed on my PC, even after 2, 6 hour long playing sessions in a day.

So if Larian studios could make a great looking and stable game, I guess that Bethesda can too.

I concur, currently I'm closing to the end of Divinity 2 campaign for the first time and a crash is probably one of the last things I didn't experience.

Edited by Veugaroth

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I want to know is. Has BethSoft learned from the instability problems related to Morrwind,Oblivion, and Fallout3 so we don't have to rely on other people to tell us how to tweak the game or our computers to play the best games to come out in the last two decades. Please Bethesda say you have solved these problems :blush:

I guess as long as there are tech.savvy people willing to aid modders and players by solving game companies problems for them then we'll all be happy. I'm not bashing Bethesda I think they're doing the best they can.